Force Friendly Quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

So there's been an increase in players force FQ-ing : When a player disconnects because of several reasons, most common to fix the lag they are having (restarting the client always fixes my lag problem) the opponent can hit friendly quit tab and the game ends in friendly quit. Well a lot of times the opponent does it if he knows he is going to lose the game, which leaves the player who is winning with an unfinished so to say game.
    I suggest either fixing that option to where one cannot force the FQ or punishing the player who force FQ with a big xp loss... What do you guys think?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Is that even possible?

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Been a while since I have seen it done but yes.

4. Nora That

oh just ask devilsrath he's king of it, I used to admire the dude as a player but now I wouldnt let him shine my shoes

mortal ix, Sealer0 and Moles like this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Anyone who does this should be perma banned from the game. No cla$$.

mortal ix and Nora That like this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I meant is it even possible to do something about this?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

could disable the fq option while someone is dced

seems simple

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This has been around since 2011. I think I was the first to notice when I tried to pause the game during a dc to preserve Ryvs turn so I could stomp him.

Reported it couple of times and here we are.

mortal ix likes this.
  9. Nora That

It's becoming more frequent as of late

10. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I didnt even know this was a thing

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Sadly i watched tiny do it when he was losing to mikelin the other day, then again its just another way for the pox "limiteds" to continue pretending they belong there.

mortal ix and SlickDragon like this.
  12. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Devilsrath did this to me a while back when I was fixing my lag. I was so totes gunna win too. I'm sooper maud you guys.

13. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Much more annoying is how some LL players put in system to "offer" FQ when they are matched with lower rank players. This "offer" often can become agressive tained with lies, threats and begging if denied. This is part of how some LL players maintain their ranks unfortunately. By avoiding games against low rankers, which potentially can cost them lots lots of xp loss, especially if they start with some disadvantage like wrong faction or not first turn etc, they can get a higher rank.

I really hate when i observe this.

Skeezick likes this.
  14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Bro , we ( or at least i) offer FQ to lower ranks so if they don't want to get stomped , they don't have too.
    If they want to try and play , maybe learning something, im cool with that. But i'm not gonna force them to play me just so i can farm xp ( Of course everyone has a level which they allow to FQ.... i know tiny won't play anyone under limited while he's on top, while others don't play anyone under exotics, etc.)

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and doubtofbuddha like this.
  15. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I really hate this behaviour. If the low rankers want FQ, let them ask for it themselves. Dont encourage them to FQ you, that behaviour is mainly used to maintain your own rank, manipulate the rank sysrem. If questioned, often this FQ offer is explained like you just did.

16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i try really hard not use bad words or insult you in anyway when arguing with you, you make this incredibly difficult

Ballballer, IMAGIRL, Woffleet and 6 others like this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Debil u can still shine my shues, bro.

learnedone likes this.
  18. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

If Im understanding this, you could do the same thing to people that are doing it. So it would be happening equally on both sides and shouldnt be a problem. Or you could always try a different computer. I cant remember the last time I had that error on the laptop I am using.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Speaking of trolling.... without this feature... people can just dc...over and over and over. Pick your poison, community has been know for such dbaggery... not sure which form is worse.

Nora That likes this.
  20. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Generalizations are fun and fruitful.

TheBulwark likes this.