Format filter for games in the battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dreamweaver, May 30, 2014.

1. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver The King of Potatoes

The idea is to introduce a new format to play games in the battlegrounds, maybe it could be restricted to casual play or a new ladder could be created.
    The objective of this new format is that creating a competitive deck is cheap and easy, so new players can get good decks without having to spend a lot of time and/or money. I think this format should be restricted to casual play, because if theres a ladder for it, a lot of people would just play this format (free/almost free) and not spend on the game, which would be bad for DOG moneywise. Also the playerbase is rather small, and dividing players in two would make ques very long.
    The one that came to my mind is restricting rarity in runes, using only commons and uncommons (also rares?) or maybe an "old" format using only runes from the first 6 sets, which are very unexpensive. I believe that the common/uncommon one is better, because you can then upgrade your bg to the usual format and also runes are still being introduced to the format.