Forsaken Acolyte

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Forsaken Acolyte
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Race: Human, Class: Wizard, Size: Small, Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A dark robed figure with a rope belt and ritualistic symbols on the robe itself.
    Flavor-Text: "The Acolytes of Elsarin are a small threat individually. But there is never just one..."
    Nora Cost: 50

Champion Stats
    DAM: 4, SPD: 5, RNG: 5-6, DEF: 0, HP: 15

Champion Abilities
    Attack - Magical
    Deploy: Summoning Circle
    Amplify Disease

Upgrade Abilities
    Sustain: Forsaken Exploit
    Sustain: Forsaken Conduit
    Sustain: Impenetrable
    Sustain: Revere: Mairdreth of the Rot

Summoning Circle
    HP:11
    DEF:0

This relic has Mythical. When a Forsaken Acolyte is adjacent to this relic, it gains Ritual: Forsaken Acolyte.

Ritual: Forsaken Acolyte [CD: 10]
    Forsaken Acolyte's adjacent to this unit become Stunned and gain Unequippable and Pariah while summoning. At the start of the owner's turn this relic gains a rank of Summoning for each Forsaken Acolyte adjacent to it. Once this relic reaches 5 ranks of Summoning the relic is destroyed and a Forsaken Acolyte is deployed in it's place with upgrades matching the closest champion of the same name.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Fikule

• What role is this Rune intend to fill?
      This rune acts as a support based around adding abilities to allies so long as it is alive. It also has the alternate purpose of being a method of utilizing Mairdreth of the Rot. The rune is also exceptionally weak (weaker than most summons) with the intention that it should be replicating itself using Summoning Circles.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
      Sustain isn't fleshed out at all. This makes it an ideal candidate for a line of supportive abilities. There is also no rune that performs a ritual to replicate itself (However, the replication cannot be exponential as the relic is mythical).
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
      It is an absolutely true support rune. It has little to no combat ability and is simply there to buff allied units. It is cheap, and becomes more effective as the game goes on if not killed.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
      The cheap cost along with the potential amount of buffs will make this rune easily usable in BGs that use Curse, Hex and Disease.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
      Rituals are an interesting mechanic that isn't combat related.
      Also, this champion can eventually get an extremely cheap Mairdreth of the Rot in play, with many champions benefiting from Revere as a theme BG.

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

It has some cool sustain abilities, and I like the idea of a dedicated sustain champ. His hp needs to be boosted by a whole lot, there are very few champs with that low hp that aren't summoned. That's like 1 attack's worth.

The whole summoning circle this is just kind of ridiculous. It's saying waaay too many things for what's ultimately a replicate, and most of the time, this is not a champ you really WANT replicated. Amp Disease and Revere are the only abilities that stack, and even then only for the nora cost. I'd replace it with something a little more functional.

4. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Deploying a 10 nora mairdreth doe xP have to admit that'd be fun. Especially since they amp him and his black death.

5. Fikule

To be honest, the sustain abilities aren't meant to stack.

Being able to create more of these units means you are still getting out regular champions. Think of this unit as a summon strength support.

With the same amount of regular champions you will be using the sustain abilities to buff your army, not a single unit.

Exploit gives extra damage and ap.

Impenetrable is mostly an added layer of protection for mairdreth but can be given to anyone.

Forsaken conduit is semi-stacking in the sense that all conduit champions benefit from any damage.

Revere is obvious. This is a sustain because of the AoE disease it grants while she is in play.

The way summoning is done could be cleaner. But it's more about the concept.