Forum Mafia Sign Up: Newbie Mafia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaiaix555, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Alright hey everyone, I'm going to be GM'ing another Forum Mafia game, except this time It's going to be a kind of training game for newer players. This means I'd like to ask that no more than 3 or 4 Veteran players join. Thanks!

What is the Goal of Mafia? This depends on your alignment in the game:

Town: Eliminate all players in the Mafia. You do this during the day by voting one person to be lynched at a rate of 1 per day. The Town has more players than the Mafia, but they have 0 knowledge of who is who.

Mafia: Eliminate players of the Town at a rate of 1 a night until you have the same number of players as the Town. You do this by secretly voting one player to die a night. The Mafia is the minority, however they have a huge information advantage because you know who is in the Mafia with you. You may also talk in secret with each other to plot and scheme.

As town: You are the majority, but do not know who is mafia. Your voice is your only weapon.

As mafia: You are the minority, but know who is mafia, or who is aligned with you. You can speak in the Town as normal, and you have a weapon to shoot people with at night.

Phase lengths are how long a day and night lasts, meaning how much time people have to make their moves and discuss. I will have them set at 24hrs each (so 1 cycle is 48hrs), however I am open to changing them if needed.

Lynching is the term used to describe the hanging of a player once a day, as voted by the Majority of the Town. A lynched player is dead, and may no longer speak AT ALL, because well....they are dead. We will use the HAMMER VOTE system, meaning that once a player has the majority of the votes (In a 10 player game it would be 6), that person is dead RIGHT THERE, and I will give them their execution story-blip asap. No votes may change after this time, and once a hammer is dropped they are done. You may change your vote as much as you like BEFORE a hammer is put in place. You may vote to kill no one if you so wish.

IF A HAMMER IS NOT REACHED, THE MOST VOTED FOR PERSON IS LYNCHED. IF THAT IS A TIE, NO ONE IS LYNCHED.

You vote like this:

VOTE: GAIAIX555 <----Just like that: Caps, Bold, and on it's own line so that finding it is easy for me.

Roles are special abilities SOME people MAY have. An example would be the ability to guard one person a night, and if they would die to something, instead the Bodyguarding person would die in their stead. This would be the ability of the BODYGUARD role. Roles will be determined later, however it is important for a newbie to understand that there will be some. I will explain what roles I have chosen and what they do in the actual game thread.

Game format: We are going to be using CLOSED COMMUNICATION based on Honor, meaning that you may NOT secretly talk to other players through any means (Skype, Pming here on the forums, irl chat, w/e you have), and this is based on YOUR honor. It's a trust system, and I expect any players who witness cheating to turn in the cheater and the game will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously I can't enforce this, but like I said: Trust.

Idle players: If you are idle for a single phase (1 day or 1 night) I will contact you and remind you that you are considered idle. If you are idle for TWO phases, then you will considered inactive and I will make you commit suicide. If you are know you will be unable to participate, please don't sign up. If something major comes up, let me know and I will find a replacement for you, however when you are done you won't get your spot back.

All contact with me will come through this forum, so if you have a question about anything please pm me or ask me in the thread depending on context of the question.

Now lets play some Mafia!

Veterans (No more than 3 or 4):
    1. Algorithm
    (5). KTCAOP

Newbies (Any amount):
    1.Darklord48
    2.KingJad
    3.Rickyjpen

Also, you may NOT edit your posts. This is because you could change something vital, and that's just not fair. If you do, you will get a warning. If you do it again, I make you commit suicide. Don't do it :3

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

If you want me to help out as a moderator, let me know. You can sign me up as well if otherwise, but I'll take the number 5 veteran spot.

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Do you mean you want to be a backup Veteran?

4. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

do we actually have 10 new mafia players >_>

5. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Not sure, but that's the objective of this game :I We have lots of Forumites, some of them must be interested in Mafia.

6. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

We might not have 10 new players, in which case either you'd have to include more vets, or just lower the amount of players. Also, maybe consider 48 hour day phases? Remember that most people tend to only be able to post before and after work.

7. Xinde

@GabrielQ @KingJad @Qucas @Geressen I recommend you guys sign up if you think you might enjoy playing forum mafia!

Also we should let @Emries play here because it's good experience to see how a townie that doesn't play pro-town brings the rest of town down.

Dagda likes this.
  8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I just put 14 players as a hold, nothing is set. Phases are flexible, I'm not sold on 24hrs thanks to our game.

9. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I like 48 with it ending early if there is a hammer. Avoids needlessly long days while keeping a generous limit.

10. Xinde

Well yeah, hammer ending phases early is a given. 24 hours just seems like so little just because of very little back and forth conversation.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll play.

Xinde likes this.
  12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Alright, Darklord added......except are you a newbie or a veteran?

13. Xinde

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Newbie, I saw the first thread and was confused, but this time it makes more sense.

15. Xinde

Yeah, the games a little confusing the first go arounds, especially when you are playing with a bunch of experienced players. It's easier to learn when the game is less serious/complex.

16. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Loy's version of sign up was more of a story based "Setting the mood" one, this one I wanted to actually say HOW the game was played, in the hopes of interesting players.

17. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I go overboard on a daily basis.

18. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

@Xinde thanks for killing me

19. Xinde

Np man. Happy to do it for you anytime lol.

KingJad likes this.
  20. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'll sign up