Foul rite corpse gen

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by exiledtyrant, Apr 7, 2014.

1. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I am interested in how much corpse gen is to much for a foul rite deck to keep your humans powering up at a good pace. Is corpse-a-pult, corpse pile, and grave yards enough or should you go even further with dark rising and wake the dead for even more undead?

What spells support the humans? witching hour, vampirism, soulreave, chains of corruption?

I think i know what humans i want boosts but I'm not sure how much space needs to be dedicated to grabbing undead.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Foul Rite is a waste of energy.
    It only grants a bonus from real champions, s summons from Corpsapult and Corpse pile will not work and using Graveyards is to expensive and slow to be of any real benefit.

3. exiledtyrant

That seems so odd that there would be so many corpse skills and human summoners and yet foul rite does nothing with it.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Its just bad design really. the spell has allways been bad.
    One thing that would make it useful was if it had an AOE on creatures it killed and counted summons as well. That way you could get some synergy with Forsaken follower and Fleshweaver Witch in the Witch theme.

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I would prefer it if I just gave a single human bulwark undead or something similar. With a discount based on humans in play.

6. exiledtyrant

This rune is still bugging me. I got some runes together and it looks like this:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3qC9ac9fCwaCZCaBCtTCaVS15S4gS4OS4=rTR1aEqEt

Messing around with some low budget options trying to find synergies that stick. I wasn't really sure on the spells I may have overdone the aoe. Setback could add some real momentum to the witch relics. Witching hour may be its better replacement though or soul reave. I'm still not sure how effcient I can make the undead sacrificing. It should come down to 4 hp and 2 damage every two turns with full FW bonus I think for all my humans with a refund when I get the globes again. Seductress, sword mage and rip witch have a chance to become problematic after a few round of amping I would think. Inkblight and Sarindra would beat out death casters spot easy but I'm not sure I want to trade for those kind of runes yet. Frostvein looks like a good support and I picked fallen hero instead of elsari reaper due to his problematic evil aura. I can't really decide whose tougher between him and fallen. I have been piecing together an FW/IS lately and they are both pretty sturdy. I wish more things had pain curse.

I'll sleep on it a bit but I'd be happy to discuss BGs incorporating foul rite.

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Foul rite is not ff spell, it's IS/FW one.

Here's a budget bg example (2 exos, 1 very cheap leg). If you can't even afford inkblight and timmy, throw shieldman and graveyard(s) instead.

8. exiledtyrant

Grim harvest and foul right have some rough synergy. once the graveyards get going it can be turned into a fairly reliable 12 damge 28 nora spell, I wish it was a shorter CD though. It would be better if it could be spammed a lot more. I think it does ok in a witch BG with a 4 damage 8 hp return per setup very 5 rounds once it gets going.

IS/FW is an interesting take on it as they have a lot of solid humans too. Some type of barb or paladin with commander split would be interesting.