Freezing Aura

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Kendoshi, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Hey

I made a BG around Freezing Aura and saw a problem when 2 champions with Freezing Aura stand next to a enemy champion.

The effect gets negated. I don't think thats intentional. I tested it multiple times and the frozen status goes away as soon as a 2nd aura effect gets in range.

I haven't tested it with freezing attacks.

Regards Kendoshi

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Possibly a bug in coding. When you put down champs with 2 Commander Abilities. It doesn't just prevent the second one from working. They actually instantly gain the buffs, then a coding removes them afterward. This could be a similar issue that is NOT WAI. There needs to be a If/Then coding before somethings get activated, not a "well crap, fix" after it..... @Senshu @Gedden

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, that is a bit odd and I was able to confirm it happening. Thanks for reporting this.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Are you saying to commander:x champs on the field negate each other or are you saying the second commander:x buffs arent registering(they aren't suppose to as it doesn't stack).

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I am saying that they are WAI, but in a terribly inefficient manner.

The first Commander Ability gives its buffs correctly. If you deploy another Commander Ability where units might benefit. They gain the secondary benefits, then they are completely removed immediately after. It would be more efficient to have an If/Then coding that applied before hand.

Basically the game knows they aren't supposed to stack, an instead of preventing the stack before hand. It allows it, then removes it immediately afterward. (You can notice this by seeing the HP gain, when no HP is actually gained. As the client allows you to have it, then recognizes its not supposed to happen, then immediately removes it.) There needs to be a conditional coding in place that prevents stacking. Instead of a conditional coding that removes it afterwards.