FS Patch feedback.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GabrielQ, Aug 18, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

First of all: What the hell were you thinking?

Then some questions: What was your input? Just so I know how much I have to yell at you and how much at the greens. Dearie me.

3. GabrielQ

Why don't you try going change by change and saying what you don't like?

4. Boozha

Boghopper shaman change blows up the formula, thats terrible. Should never have happened.

Quagmirrian is still unusable and revere is sinfully useless on it.

Mentor is still unrunnable unless you can do something nifty with boost: beast 2. Then he'll be runnable in an aquatic beast deck. Thats pretty much the opposite of splashable, but whatever, if he's usable there not a terrible change.

Nora Drain didn't really change in a meaningful way. What the Firk was that change.

Cleansing Mist is probably just a description change and thus not your metier, but its still unrunnable.

What irks me more than those issues is that runes like Hydraxor, Firk Diplomat and Elder Murkwurm didn't get any love. Depressing, man, depressing

5. GabrielQ

So, you are dissapointed that the runes you wanted didn't get a buff, got it, let me explain the changes:

Boghopper shaman was disadjusted in nora cost, I asked to revert it since it wasn't addressed after the cost formula revamp, now is runnable.

Boghopper mentor: this rune says that FS beasts are a thing now, and the marsh lesson rework makes the ability plain awesome.

Quagmirrian: It has a slight costing issue with the price of hydrate and revere, but it helps the boghopper mentor as secondary beast enabler, water veil is to make compound draws with aquatics and grant: flight allows aquatics to avoid the semi-lumbering they have attached. Note that both the enablers have attack: magical.
    Quagmirrian also enables FS/KF plants with vitalize and grant: flight, and part of his design hints a LOT that hydraxor is going to be addressed soon, but maybe giving him poxin' revere ability was too subtle.

Darkmarsh witch now has amphibious and summon morsel is usable.

Pygmy hippo stampede now receive the benefits of whatever you are boosting them with.

Nora drain most likely a typo.

Tortun land cannon changed to 10 damage and ignore defense.

Wavecrusher is pretty obvious.

Woffleet, Leadrz and Makorov like this.
  6. Boozha

So Shaman was first adjusted 10 nora up and now it is costed according to the formula?

Mentor is a bit expensive for what you say it will do, as is Quag. I don't even know if they will be runnable as is. Also, if you revamp Hydraxor also revamp revere or it will be useless on Quag.

Really, my main problem is that so few things got changed ... Did you have a limited change budget? If so, why did you decide these were the most important and not making signature champs runnable?

7. GabrielQ

I prioritized bugs and nerfs, and I decided that buffing quagmirrian and mentor would bring more runes into playability indirectly than anything else.

I could buff diplomat and you would run diplomat, but nothing else, firks are in a good spot now, they don't need diplomat when you have sensorates, sentries and mimics to do melee.

I have to look further than the champions I like, buffing pet runes doesn't do any good and is incredibly selfish.

Makorov likes this.
  8. Boozha

I don't think Quag and Mentor will make a lot of things runnable to be honest. But thats to be seen I guess.

Also you didn't answer my question. Why so few changes? You do know FS has a "changes needed" list from here to the moon.

9. GabrielQ

They look like they are few because of the nerfs and bug fixes, with that amont of changes you can make any theme playable.

10. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I actually liked the FS section of the patches. Much better than a lot of the other stuff anyways.

The Shaman nora change was annoying. It's like a Firk you to the algorithm. I would've preferred it if they'd moved stats/abilities around to get him to where they want him to be.

The change to mentor was enough to at least try him (I know I will). If he's not good enough, then suggestions could be made to improve him.

11. GabrielQ

Shaman was too cheap, so he got a manual adjustment (like passive units), when the algorithm revamp came and prices were changed again, the manual adjustments didn't reset, so some runes were left with a false cost (think master trapsmith) and now I asked gedden to address that modificator and so he did, so now shaman is closer to the formula than before the patch (maybe it's right on the formula value, I can't know that)

12. Makorov

Wait, he got a 10 nora decrease, didn't he?

13. Makorov

What changes do you think FS needs? It's a genuine question. I'm actually curious, mainly because I don't see what things make the list so big.

EDIT: Never mind, I don't think I care enough to get into that discussion lol

14. GabrielQ

Base price is the price of algorithm + abilities, manual price is adjustments

Just after the revamp, shaman was too cheap, so he received a manual adjustment.
    After the algorithm change, the base price went up, but the manual adjustment was kept, so the champions was too expensive.
    Now, I asked to change that initial adjustment that is no longer needed because of the algorithm change, and that happened.
    It looks akward because this should have been addresse the previous patch, but you can compare to priest of valdac for references.

15. Makorov

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation!

16. Makorov

Hey, Quag could potentially be super useful with Dehydrate + Pulsing Globule!

Anybody got any ideas on what bg he could be included in? Or how he could he be useful in a bg? I can't think of anything besides the Globule thing

If this derails the thread, please go ahead and ignore it

17. GabrielQ

Quagmirrian:
    Aquatics with grant: flight (allows aquatic to bypass the pseudo lumbering) and water veil (deployed after a aquatic it allows to cap fonts normally), hydrate is even more water.
    FS/KF plants, with grant flight (bypasses lumbering) and vitalize.
    Semi aquatics: arcanists and the thing are 5 speeders, some other units too.

18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Thanks for fixing the witch :D

19. Makorov

Keep in mind I've always only been an Exo Leaguer, but I'd say you've done a pretty good job so far ^^

20. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Well cannon is shoeboxed now. I don't use the runes changed but I guess some are happy. At least there are changes.