FS Poison BG

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Extinctshun, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

Need help making a very competitive poison BG.

Any ideas are much appreciated :)

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

5. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

What would the most expensive poison bg look like? Thanks

6. travis

7. Leadrz

May have been when tide after was expensive in terms of Nora, + tide master does not make or break poison bg's.

Expensive no longer = power.
    So typical bg will use mostly common and uncommon, with the exception of boghopper toads, marsh warden, swamp whisp and tide master.
    Give me a second.
    edit:
    [​IMG]
    note: tailored to my playstyle

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  8. travis

9. Leadrz

i would think that two of them would make your bg alot more expensive (nora wise) and you'd have too much range

travis likes this.
  10. Anima26

Tide Master isnt important at all. Can provide a useful AoE but other than that u dont need him at all. Id rather run a Snap Ancient over Tide, more range and more Poison Cloud.

11. travis

But tide amps poison dmg?

12. Anima26

Extra Amp is ok but the deck doesnt tend to focus on Amp specifically. Only other source is Defiler, if u run him and the Shrooms but Shrooms arent permanent. Hes not unrunnable or anything, i just prefer other options personally. Hes a good option if ur looking to add range or magic damage, or indirect dmg with tidal wave. Although for Magic damage id prefer Gekaal or Snap Ancient.

13. travis

Swamp wisp amps? aswell

14. Anima26

Aura is much better.

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I like tide master because he provides a solid benefit for the bg (poison amp) while also giving some off-theme damage (physical and magic). It has been quite a while since I played poison, but I suspect that if I did I would be running the new and improved tide master.

16. Anima26

He has been buffed since i posted that deck list above and running him allows you to run Drown too. Different strokes for diff folks. Certainly runnable.

17. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-11-25_12-45-52.png

This is my take on poison, I'm still working on it, searching for the right balance of shaman/mireoak/captain/spitter.

Also, I will probably just use 1 fouless mush since its not that crucial... The main idea here is knockback + poison cloud + poison charge. Also, snaptooth is in there for shatter, harrassing fonts and knockback into incorporeal.

Mindwarp + poison dart is really fun for making your enemies dance inside the poison clouds, also you can shut down melee units for ages!