full aquatic

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Ujelly, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

When???
    :(
    :(

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

You mean you want more champs with Aquatic (instead of semi aquatic)?

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

He means he wants new Aquatic runes that arent Mirefolk etc, i think. Like the Electric Eel, the Shock Pomfret or the Swamptopus. That kind of stuff? If so, i second this feeling too. Id love some more fish.

Ifem21 likes this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

My exploration into semi-aquatics is approaching the conclusion that it is mostly the best decision to run full mirefolk or mostly mirefolk with a light inclusion of non-mirefolk. The mirefolk racial ability is just way too strong to ignore.

Ifem21 and Anima26 like this.
  5. Anima26

On this subject, FS's Beasts could do with some attention perhaps. The Aquatic guys like Eel, Wavecrusher, Pomfret, Swamptopus and Razorfin are all beasts and dont quite fit in the Semi/Mirefolk decks like Buddha mentioned, they dont have a lot of synergy themselves outside of one Boost champ and the fact that they all need water. A new fishy would be sweet. Or some beast synergy maybe tacked onto existing runes, or maybe water synergy? Some kind of attention to Aquatics and Beasts in FS.

6. doubtofbuddha

I think it would be neat if they intertwined a bit more with the fry champions. Not by making them fry champions themselves, probably, but some sort of other synergy to tie them together and make it so you can effectively have a beast module in a fry deck or a fry module in a beast deck.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

well, working with this theme, they need some huge fish/crab with water font? considering how dependent they are on water Gen. and omg a offensive hydrate will be so cool think like:

Deluge

Opposing champions within (2/3?) spaces take 4 (subject to change) physical damage and the spaces they occupy become water for 3 turns.

works with fry, could be 5 spaces like fry but i dunno, balance?

8. Ujelly

We need more fully aqutics and we need a way to make them work! whos with me amirite?!?!!?

super71, Ifem21 and gamengamenut like this.
  9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Uhh last time I checked the fully Aquatic champs sucked.

10. gamengamenut

thats cause they just get 1 speed and mobility in water, they used to get damage? i think being inside water should give more benefits than it currently does now, considering how bad they are once they are sitting in sand and what not

11. Ujelly

When was the last released aquatic champ anyway been waiting forever...

12. doubtofbuddha

I am okay with aquatics being a dead theme. I would rather thave that then them actualy wasting a slot releasing one.

13. gamengamenut

they dont have to be like, HAVE AN AQUATIC EXPANSION.

just pop a aquatic dude into every other expansion or so i guess, to help out the theme

14. Anima26

A ranged support beast might be nice, give it some variation in its upgrades so people can run it outside of a Aquatic/Beast deck.

Ive always found the 2 AP movement penalty out of water to be very punishing, especially with bad draws.

15. gamengamenut

yeahhhhh ranged aquatic options

16. Ujelly

Also the bonus got tapped down :(

17. gamengamenut

i know T.T.......sad life for the swiming fishy

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Wavecrusher?