FUMBBL. Free Online Blood Bowl.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Garr123, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Figured people who are still playing Pox have a thing for 2D, multiplayer, turn-based strategy. So, figured I'd recommend FUMBBL.

www.fumbbl.com

[​IMG]

It's a free web based client for playing Games Workshop's Blood Bowl. Blood Bowl is very loosely based on American football, except murder, fouling, and bringing chainsaws onto the field are encouraged. You build a team, then level the players up by killing, scoring, passing and generally playing the game.

It's pretty easy to set up an account, create a team, and play. The rules can be a bit intense at first, though.

Quick start guide: https://fumbbl.com/help:CRP Play Ranked; Blackbox is a nightmare for new players.

The rules link there seems defunct. But the basics are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl#Rules

Starting rosters and strategies for specific teams: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy

List of skills: http://bloodbowl.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

Couple of additional things.

Attacking things is based on Strength. You get two hit dice to choose from if your STR is higher than the opponents, one if its equal, and your opponent gets to choose the outcome if you are weaker.

The dice are POW, POW/SKULL, POW/PUSH, PUSH, SKULL. POW means you knock the opponent down, POW/SKULL means both players go down unless they have Block, POW/PUSH knocks the opponent down unless they have Dodge, Push is a push, and Skull means you screwed up and might die.

Every player has a Tackle Zone around them, moving out of these requires an Agility roll, the Dodge ability grants an automatic reroll if it fails.

Having a free player next to someone your trying to attack grants an assist, effectively increasing the attackers Strength by one.

Quick Tips:

Don't diconnect from a match. If you do, you get locked out of playing until you complete it. There is no way around this and trying to schedule a resumption with a dude in another timezone can be a pain in the ass.

If most of your team is dead/injured or you've been scored on 10 to 0, there's a Concede option, though it makes you forfeit all money and skill points earned from the match.

Don't get attached to your teams at first. Injury and death is permanent, and your liable to suffer a lot of both and have to retire teams.

Failing any roll immediately ends your turn. So, the name of the game is minimizing your own risk while maximixing your opponents -- the more dodges and bad blocks they have to do on their turn, the more liable they are to screw up pass the turn to you.

On that note, you generally want to move your players into position before your start doing risky blocks and dodges.

You only get one Blitz per turn, so use it wisely.

Usually want your Team Value (TV) to be within 100k of your opponent's. Ignore the petty cash popup.

Players earn skills by inflicting casualties, scoring touchdowns, completing passes, and intercepting the ball. Additionally, a random player gets MVP each game and 5 skill points. Players level up at 6, 15, 30, 50, etc and can pick a new skill at each level.

Oh, and the game occasionally lags out. If it seems your opponent is taking too long, or you can't seem to complete a move, type a letter in the chat. If it doesn't pop up, just close the client and click Resume next to your team to rejoin.

Anyways, maybe no one will be interested, but figured I'd throw it out there since it's fun and free.

PurpleTop likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

simone is so manly

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

amazons are all dykes. So yeah. She is manly.

On a more serious note:
    the game is awesome. My brother used to play on FUMBBL all the time too.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

she?

5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Dagda likes this.