Furball Mother

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaziken, May 4, 2014.

1. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

Can something be done about the ridiculous efficiency of this unit on about half of the maps in the game? If it's summoned first or second turn, it's practically guaranteed to spit out at least 150 HP worth of meat. The babies themselves have 22 health with banner out, abash and ichor. This prevents double taps and utilizing aoe spells to try and kill them isn't optimal. They're free.

The actual Furball unit lays traps everywhere, crystallize, retains Ichor and leaps around dishing out whatever damage it can. I can't say that I've ever won against an early game Furball Mother. This isn't even accounting for her own efficiency through grant aura and massive leap.

Oh yeah. This all happens before Boost.

Saandro likes this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yes

Saandro likes this.
  3. Fyarghen

Fyarghen New Member

The unit is ridiculous. It would still be worth the cost just in terms of sheer meat on the field if it only spawned one furbull, but instead it spawns 3. It spawns 3 furbulls, and then the player just throws them at the enemy with no thought towards tactics or preserving them. You know a unit is too efficient when you can just throw it at the enemy with no regards to effectively using it and not have to worry about it, because just having them suck up resources is enough.

The baby furbulls have too much health. 22 with banner and ST bonus. That's too much for one spell, too much to kill with one attack (and you only get one due to abash), and on top of that they have ichor regeneration for some reason. And that's if it's on a map you can even get into range of the babies before they turn into 150 health of meat on the field.

Change the efficiency of the summoned units to the point where the player using them has to actually consider how to use them to effect instead of suiciding them in just to eat attacks, and it will be balanced. Until then, it's an egregious stain promoting poor play and hurting the game as a whole.

Edit: On the same note, garu den mother in specific, and other pet units in general to a lesser extent.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Pets (and everything else) is being looked at in the revamp.
    Try to take a deep breath and be patient :)

5. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

sever summon?

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Bloodguard is actually a bigger offender due to the power of a ranged pet (with KB3!). But all pet units are borked.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

make them so when one dies it hurts ur shrine for 5 hp.

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Dispel could quite easily be tooled to also dispel summons it targets.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Where is that screenshot by dmrbadguy? it shows why traps need a duration.

10. Fyarghen

Fyarghen New Member

There are two entire factions without access to sever summons. Three if you consider that ironfist's only one is a legendary that the majority of the playerbase doesn't have access to. The only unit that doesn't have to forego a more universally useful upgrade to take it is the salaman negamage. Sever summons isn't an answer for the player so much as a slap in the face, telling them that the summons are *supposed* to be efficient enough to win games just from getting deployed and ran face-first into the enemy to soak up attacks, since there's this "counter" if you happened to play one of the six factions that has it, and if you happened to run the unit, and if you happened to take that upgrade instead of the ones you actually want to have on the unit for any game without summoned units.

11. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I'm confused, are you complaining about Furbull Mother or Auto-Win BG's? Please, clarify. Because there are plenty of first turn play runes you can grump about as well as Summoned unit problems.

Wait until revamp.
    /thread