FW Buffs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I will raise the question that someone brought up, why the hell is a corgi tearing up the meta as a x2 autoinclude when General Korsien a x1 is not even as good as Sarinda, when Sarinda is horrible atm!

That brings me to my point, in the name of making expensive champs more viable can Sarinda get a cost decrease and go back to having relocate enemy, or at the bare minimum pull. By cost decrease I mean remove any nora hikes she has got outside of the formula.

Why do FWs two most badass runes have to be some of their worst?

2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I agree nerf FW.

MaruXV and Etherielin like this.
  3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Never mention FW, and hope that no one notices as they find new ways to dominate despite all odds.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Corgi are pretty dumb, who decided furry little tiny dogs should be as tanky as a vothsair has lot their minds.

Vorian likes this.
  5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

well fairies are pretty squishy, so the corgies are the closest when it comes to tanks. battle leader already got significantly nerfed, imo players who crutch on summons will just have to deal with hard counters and adapt their bgs and playstyles. Simple as that.

Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  6. super71

I disagree, fairies at one point used to be squishy. They now have access too boost, chains, regal presence, fan faire for kicks if they are lucky, and banner. That is 27 health, which arguably makes even the weakest fairies in the game one of the tankiest champs in the game and they have bubble also. Combo that with their bursts of damage, gimmicky abilities, and you have goblins and imps on roids with no ceiling.

On corgi knight, that 27 health puts him at almost 80 health, if you can find me another theme that gets you 80 health and starts off at low 40's, low 50's i'd be inclined to play them. Fairies used to be one of my favorite themes, and they were fun when they relied on gimmicky runes and abilities like soothing serenade, charm, abash, force barrier, divert , deflect etc. Now they just play like every other super boost theme, but they have more of it and still have the gimmicks.

Fairies are probably one of the top themes in the game right now easily

7. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

So about those FW nerfs.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

yep, I agree, it is a bit too much but it's quite an investment as well. I'm pretty sure that with the right counters it's not that hard to deal with. Fairies quite substantial setup and if you force them to be separated or use hard counters it's really not that difficult to firk em up.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Sometimes cool runes aren't worth running. Leave it be

10. super71

Id agree for the setup part of it wasn't so easy for fairies, nothing costs over 60 something Nora.

Most themes need multiple champs out to be effective, fairies get their power from a cheap preordained champ, a cheap equip, a cheap utility champ in conclave, banner and a cheap spell. Most games you can have this out in a few tunes because of the low costs.

Good luck separating those little shits

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  11. themacca

Somethin to note all these investments are also retracting from your early game investment in more powerful combat units

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hello, my name is super71 and I'm exaggerating just to get something nerfed.
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna go champ by champ:
    Chained Fae: 30 nora, she's a relic in champ form.
    Conclave Warden: 66 nora, 61 if Chained is out.
    Sun Blossom: 67 nora, 62 if Chained is out.
    Corgi Knight: 69-71 nora, 64-66 if Chained is out.
    Faae Dreamer: 50 nora, 45 if Chained is out.
    Fae Oracle: 84 nora, 79 if Chained is out.
    Fairy Trickster: 65 nora, 60 if Chained is out
    Nectar Fairy: 59 nora, 54 if Chained is out.
    Snare Fairy: 67 nora, 62 if Chained is out.
    Corgi Ranger: 72 nora, 67 if Chained is out.

Out of 14 champs in this BG, 10 are above 60 nora and 1 is exactly at 60 nora IF Chained Fae is out. Stop lying.

13. super71

.... sorry conclave warden is the only buff over 60 Nora. Just stop man, don't get you elf panties in a bunch. I never implied I wanted them nerfed, you said that not me. I said they were extremely good, a top tier theme, and they have a lot of buffs.

The only rune that buffs fairies over 60 Nora is conclave the rest are all cheap and easy to get out, whereas other themes require multiple expensive champs out for their buffs.

Don't just see something about your faction and jump into a conversation half cocked with no logic behind anything your saying, and attacking someone who never said the theme needs nerfed.

This is why people like you can have no comment on balance, your a good player, but your faction bias can't allow you to formulate a logical thought on any themes or topics.

Just read before you type next time, we were strictly discussing all the buffs fairies have, which in comparison to other themes is an enormous amount.

When I want something nerfed, I will make my case with no bias involved and say "this needs nerfed" until then my friend you have nothing to worry about and may continue playing your broken corgis.

14. super71

Yeah, but 30 Nora for chained fae is nothing for +5 health for 6 champs. Granted I like her with preordained as I remember pushing for the change back when.

It does take away from early powerful deploys but their aren't too many expensive fairies to begin with besides fae oracle.

I just preferred when fairies relied on gimmicks, and less endless health buffs.

15. Etherielin

1. This isn't the first time you make a random complaint in a random thread, followed by a nerfcry thread or more nerfcry posts later on.
    2. You threw the general statement that nothing in Fae is above 60 nora, which is strictly false.
    3. Luckily enough you know so little, Super, that I can do nothing but chuckle at your statement.

Anyways the Fae discussion should move elsewhere.

16. super71

Few of the buffs are above 60 nora, everything I said hit the nail on the head. Their is no reason for a fairy thread as nobody wants it nerfed except you since you brought it up.

Just stop man, you don't like me, and you love kthir theirs nothing wrong with that. Just try to keep your faction bias in check when discussing things.

"Id agree for the setup part of it wasn't so easy for fairies, nothing costs over 60 something Nora.

Most themes need multiple champs out to be effective, fairies get their power from a cheap preordained champ, a cheap equip, a cheap utility champ in conclave, banner and a cheap spell. Most games you can have this out in a few tunes because of the low costs.

Good luck separating those little shits"

If you had read the context of my post, then you would recognize I was talking about the buffs mostly all being under 60 nora, compared to most themes that need all champs out which are usually well above 60 nora.

Preordained fairy, chains, regal from the equip, fan faire spell, banner all under 60 nora the only one above that is conclave which is only a couple nora more.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  17. Etherielin

1. Again, you threw a general statement that easily works without context.
    2. Sure, keep accusing me of KF bias, while I keep nerfing my faction.
    3. I don't dislike you, I only have issues with the way you bring up your points - the thought behind them is most of the time good, but the execution of sharing them with the world just causes you backlash. The only person I harbour any dislike for is Redderick and his means of "replying" to people's points.
    4. I suggested that the Fae discussion moves elsewhere because this is a thread about FW.

18. themacca

meh it's only a vorian thread. no one takes these seriously

Etherielin, limone1981 and MaruXV like this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

KF have plenty of strong options. After the BL nerf, I'd rather let him have a pass atm. Things like vashal mirrorswap guy and the new legendary are insane, and even some of the ud/kf plant things might need a closer look at the very least, although those could just be my bias.

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Sure is NOT ENOUGH FW NERFS around these parts.