FW Goodstuffs

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by jigz2009, Nov 9, 2014.

1. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

Hello fellow undead! Returning player here. Haven't played for around 2 years (or more I think). I'd like to know what runes are the current FW good stuff or if FW goodstuff is still a viable BG to play competitively.
    What are still FW auto-includes i.e. Serkan, Xulos, Mobi etc..

Cheers!

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Haunting Grip is really good right now, although it is slated for a patch. Xulos and Serkan are much weaker than other heroes, but should be getting some comparative help - the Hero ability is currently undercosted at -15 Nora. Mobilization will always be good, whether as a 5 AP, 40 Nora common or a 4 AP, 60 Nora Rare.

Other than that, FW is on the weaker side right now. Tomb/Tome are good, we have an AoE damage + Decay called Anathema, Ethereal Soldier still holds his own. Your best bet is to post a list and get some input.

3. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Good champs atm:
    Abomination
    Death guard
    Death Harvester
    Death Caster
    Dusk creeper
    Executioner
    High Warlock
    Lost Queen
    Mute Stalker
    Polluted Martyr
    Risen Yeti
    Serkan
    Stitched seamstress
    Stitched Tyrant

Tell me if I missed something or disagree with me

Netherzen likes this.
  4. jigz2009

The last time I played was Crusade of Vashal where those stupid Vashal critters came out., though when I stopped playing I did trade for time to time until Endless Wonder. Here some FW runes I have:

Mysian Lamias
    Coragh
    Sarinda
    Xulos
    Serkan
    Moragen
    Korsien
    Obsidian Vengers
    Lich Servitors
    Defiler Knights
    Lich Magistrates
    High Warlocks
    Hoarfrost Lich and Hoarfrost dragons
    Skeletal Lerper
    Angels and Aspects
    Mairdreth
    Elder Bloodbinders
    All kinds of zombies from Broken shards below
    Witches (inkblight, wretched, frostvein, rip, fleshreaver)
    All kinds of skellies from Broken shards below (finally I saw Bone elemental rightfully got Elemental fortitude but wtf happened to his nora cost?!)
    Creepers (Bloodworms, Putrids, midnwipes, duskcreeps)
    Human FW's

Spells:

Everything from Endless wonders down to Pox release set.

I did notice the rise in nora cost of almost every FW rune. And what is the new full FW faction bonus? did it change or still the same crappy cooldown bonus?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Our faction bonus is still the glorious cool down reduction, and yes, efficiency curves were thrown way out of whack in every faction. Most cheaper champs are much less playable. If you played in Crusade of the Vashal, you should probably be fine to carry over most of your knowledge from then. Post an example BG, (you know how to use poxbase.com?) and we can see if there is anything odd.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Afflicted Corpse

Netherzen and TeaScholar like this.
  7. D4rkSteel

He's not that great outside a zombie bg imo.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He is. Locust Swarm is god-tier good, and he is incredibly cheap.

TheBulwark and TeaScholar like this.
  9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Aside from the mentioned runes,doom and shadowshank are decent for dealing with problematic champions.Skeleton berserker,elsari swordmage and fleshblight zombie are cost effiecent and decent runes.I also like corpse golem because of hunter: protectorate.

TeaScholar and D4rkSteel like this.
  10. D4rkSteel

I also like to use Lich's Servitor

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Basically all FW leg's got butchered in the revamp sadly.

TeaScholar likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'll echo that point on Elsari Swordmage: he may not be great after the loyalty nerfs come through, but right now he is a fantastic champ at 66 nora. Fear 2, Teleport, Magic Attack, and great stats. He is a prime font fighter and rusher.

13. Zero

Zero Active Member

My favorite is Lich King. That +2 skeleton surge damage completely crushes the field, especially with that range. Enemy has to rush it down to avoid losing units. Mmmm.

14. jigz2009

thanks for the inputs on FW champs. How about the "standard" non-champ rune set for FW ? Is it still like 2x mobi, anathema, essence drain, domi, soulreave, ancient prot, 2x dark rising, sac altar, banner, UT, Tome, mindshank, vendetta?

15. alexispfp

alexispfp New Member

I always use:

Base:
    2x mobi
    Domi
    Anathema
    Essence Drain

Extra:
    Dark Rising (Plus Sac altar)
    Soul reave

Nowadays
    Acient Protection
    Haunting Grip

I been FW all my pox life, and right now zombies I love them.

Auto include is the Aflicted, Witch Wandering Zombie and Corpse Golem. The rest are tradeables depending on your style of playing.

For relics: Banner, Coprse Pile, Corpse-a-pult, and UT (Sac altar also).

This days, spirits seems playable, the only OP rune we have is Stiched Tyrant, and the nasty combo is the hauting grip plus the equip that give inmunity magical.

I hope this helps.

16. alexispfp

alexispfp New Member

Forgot, reapers blade is also a good option and vendetta plus spam cheap monster can work but as stated before the Heroes are useless this days because are to expensive.

Coragh seems to work tho but in my way of playing is not worth the space in my bag.

17. jigz2009

Ok guys. After doing those walkthrough, I've finally unlocked casual PvP and was able to test the BG I made last night. I'm yet to unlock Ranked PvP though. Here's the BG I made:

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/ctWc4mc93c9fCwac7c43Cpwc6tc9dCtIc4ns6Zs56s4Ns2mSns72s4fs5arTr2Pr8exeJe2J

My first casual match was against an FW/ST Spirits. Yeah, those Haunting spirits are a pain to deal although somehow I manage to win by rushing his shrine. I may need to find a way to squeeze in a few more ranged magic damage or Loss-of-Life dealing champs although I dunno which cost-effective FW champ can fit the bill (FW angels or anything that can Hex perhaps?)

I would appreciate your suggestions and tips. Thanks!

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Your front line looks flimsy - not sure about the Infected Zombie, and you are running few champs that can walk around and take a few hits. Unless you are using Death Harvester as your Detection source, drop it. As you have no way to set it up, Steal Life seems too unreliable. That could probably leave in exchange for a Haunting Grip, or something like an other Executioner.

19. alexispfp

alexispfp New Member

Get a soulreave spell and that will do the killing of haunting spirit, as for the bag, get rid put another exxecutioner and get 2 abominations.