FW/IS "Paladins"

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Fikule, May 16, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Note the quotes. It's not quite paladins... but mostly.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C3IcpHCZCaXcu-chyChuc69Ci5S7=S4gs1Ys7As2=slsvsnsKr2PEte2ye3i

Most Used Champions
    Armorer - Defender 3 & Enhance means he buffs the heck out of Vengeant Knight or Fallen Hero
    Fallen Hero - Run with Block 2 and Riposte. May receive Manual/Shield and Burning Crusade
    Inkblight Witch - Gives ranged protection. May receive Shield for extra blocking or Manual to go with Conduit.
    Northern Cross Priestess - Uses healing 3 and grant magical aura. So.. dang.. useful.
    Vengeant Knight - Apart from the Inkblight he is one of the tankiest units. with stance 3 and block 2.

Least Used Champions
    Magnus the Fallen - The cost usually stops me from deploying him
    Northern Cross Fanatic - She dies so fast as my BG does not have a lot of healing
    Skeletal Raider - I already have unobstructed view. So he only comes out for colossal units really and he isn't great at that.

Most Used Spells
    Burning Crusade - Use two and they are usually both on cooldown. So good.
    Chains of Corruption - Almost all champs are human. This spell seriously helps lock down ranged units and is a cheap AoE considering it is 8 LoL.
    Elsarin Night - Not used as often as other spells, but good when you can use it. Good damage reduction over the course of a few turns.
    Execution Order - Just the one, but when it gets used it works very well. Used mainly with Fallen Hero, Vengeant Knight and Magnus when I get him out. Situational, but has worked well.
    Hammer Strike - A-Duuuuuuuuuuuuh
    Impervious - It... makes it hard to damage a unit :)
    Mobilization - Why not two? I can't fit two :(

The Rest
    Grim Well - It wins games. Sometimes it backfires and gets instantly destroyed by a spell. But a lot of the time it's a net gain either way.
    Shield of Darkness - Tanks become tankier. It's good on the Crusader, Inkblight, Fallen and Vengeant. Used it often.
    Soul Reaver - Spot cleanse. derp.
    Tactical Manual - Spot damage/healing. Usually use it on either the Fallen Hero or the Witch. Not used as often as shield though.

What I Like
    The defense synergy is nice.
    Ranged: Elsarin Knights / Inkblight's Shroud.
    Melee: Fallen Hero Block/Riposte, Shield, Vengeant Knight Block.
    Spell: Inkblight's DMZ and IS split bonus.
    General: Armorer Defender 3, Ven. Knight's Def. Stance, Grim Well, Oblivion Shield on Witch.

AoE & Branding is also neat.
    Fire Aura + Magical Aura + Chains of Corrpution + Celestial Spear + Brand is a lot of non-attacking damage.

What I Dislike
    Lack of healing. This is all between the Knight and the Priestess right now. Magnus too if I can get him out. I would love to add some more healing, ideally a human.

Northern Cross Fanatic. She just doesn't work right now and dies too fast compared to everything else. Would want to swap her for a unit that better fits the theme.

Skeletal Raider. Was added for Detection but probably not needed with UV. I don't have a charger knight. But I would generally want something that could tackle Colossal units when required.

Also missing a way to kill superchamps. Not sure what to remove for an Essence Drain/Reapers Blade

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Why don't you run Crusader? It heals your champs whenever he moves.

3. Fikule

I have one. Although it's not really feasible to move the champions behind him for healing as the only one who really need it are melee themselves.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

5. Fikule

6. Tweek516

I think theyre always a good option :)

7. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

are you looking for cheap budget or anything goes?

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

tweek replace fallen here with elsarin reaper, a way better tank and dmg dealer

9. Tweek516

Yeah but i tried to nclude the runes that he said were his fave :)

10. Fikule

Anything goes in terms of FW. It's pretty budget on the IS side though.

He is faster and a bit tankier. But I prefer the Fallen Hero for his cheaper cost and riposte. I have Crusdaer for the expensive tank :)

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications of posts for this thread ><