FW/IS Spell Spam

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Paper Skull, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

This deck is really annoying to face and easy to play, which is why I am glad to see it go when revamp comes too. The idea of this deck is just throw out Magnus the Fallen and spam spells such as ToV and etc...

If you know game mechanics and how to actually use some runes you should easily get top 100 limited.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

You have almost no combat champs, favor doesn't stack, chops without antihealing are pretty useless, and basically only strong things here are ToV and domi, which both are not cool to run.

If you want a spellspam deck, you can try nightbarbs+armory+decay, however when you have armory it's tempting to run more equips, and when you have lots of decay it's tempting to run offensive lay hands, so you'll face tough decisions.

4. Paper Skull

That actually sounds much more interesting...

If you'll excuse me.

(Starts crafting much more interesting decks)

5. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

I would really like to see varriants on this

6. Skullferno

I believe spell spam decks are dead competitively, with the likes of other decks of the such, such as Superchamping and also silly ideas. There me be some things out there you can play for fun but I believe most of those/these "fun" decks are dead in the water

7. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

Oh I hope not. I think perhaps we just need to get more creative. The "Fun" decks are the only ones I like. Right now im trying to work on a spell spam deck using SP/ST. Im really trying to come up with something involving mercy too. Im terrible at this though.

Superchamps are so much fun. Can you build it up before the enemy tears it down? Sadly almost every time the answer right now is "No you can't". But i will find one that works.

8. Skullferno

Well see the idea of these "fun" decks are meant to be...well fun. When these fun decks become powerful enough to be played in rank/competitive play, a large amount of the community would disagree and ask for these decks to be nerfed. Fun decks should never be rank capable due to the lack of some of them being...well not fun to play against.

9. Paper Skull

SP/ST Spell Spam? What are you using? Chronomancers, I hope. :)

I had a UD/SP Spell Spam deck using Stitched Librarian and Moga Decoy that was a lot of fun.

10. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

Yes Chronomancer, Consume Resources, Ancestral Focus, AoC, Crystalize. Mostly about delaying everything so the AoC can get lots of charges. Then finishing things with Electrostatificationized, and Bad Blood.

Edit: In the original FW/IS spell spam deck, how did the player keep the spells going? Im not seeing anything for reducing their cooldowns.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Spell Spamming deck users have a special place.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  12. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

KINGJAD MY LOVE! MY DARLING! I KNEW YOU'D FIND ME!

13. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

....?....o_O

14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

KingJad, you have a lot of precious opinions such as the above. You believe there should only really be full faction decks. You believe spell spam shouldn't exist. Idk if there are more, because I didn't go hunting for them. But thank god you are not calling the shots, because boy, would that be a narrow game! Not that you care in any way, but there are a number of people (including me) who would just leave if splits didn't exist, because FF decks wouldn't give them the playstyle they want/like. Because here's the thing: full faction decks don't cover all the playstyles someone might wanna play and not everyone is willing to pick and play a theme/FF deck if it doesn't suit them.

If you wanna claim that spell spam is in some way annoying or unbalanced, or that split decks are, then that is a problem with how the game is built by the devs and you have NO business taking it out on the players. Especially not when they use said aspects to have fun, rather than to abuse and gain rank. More than that, you actually went out of your way and posted your opinion in a deckbuilding thread made by someone who enjoys such a deck. You took the time and went to their thread to give them your "best regards".

Also, about that. Wishing that someone went to jail over a deck or expressing an opinion that they belong there is terribly immature and downright awful, even as a joke. Alluding to the well known phenomenon of prison **** over a deck is NOT funny. It is not a joking matter and I don't get how someone could see it as such.

Woffleet, Paper Skull and KingJad like this.