fw makes me sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Feb 24, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Then stop making the same qq threads where we have to tell you to L2P.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No, not league of legends for example. Damn lol pox is a tabletop game at least get in the same genre if we're gonna talk about balancing things.

Everyone always uses league, yet league is the most unbalanced game in the world. Their are maybe 10 or 12 good characters that can be used in rank per season in the elite levels, that's not good balance, that's terrible balance.

3. super71

See above response man, if you ever need help I'll help you.

4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

1) RE your other post, I am in my 20's and play more than 20 hours a week when I am active. Tbh most of the players atm fit in that category or older.

2) That statement is entirely false, there are atleast 10 champions played in any game so at a minimum there would be 10 playable characters. in the 2016 worlds 56 different champions were used over the competition. If you want to post alternative facts atleast mark them so we can tell where they are. Close to half the champions were used in the top most elite competition. If you look at high elo from say platinum and above you'll find every champ bar a few used consistently, sure some are used way more than others but you can perform well with any champ.

Which is the same for pox, good players can win with bad decks. It's often not someones runes that makes them lose but their actual decision making and thought processes during the game.

I don't play any tabletop games to compare pox to so I went with something I had knowledge on instead.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Please keep this thread to topics appropriate and substantive for General. It will be closed otherwise.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its almost like you dont need to grind the game if, you know, you're actually good at it.

Sorry to hear that is not the case.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    SPiEkY and Ballballer like this.
  7. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

FW is fine the way it is...I hate this whole faction but it is a necessary faction for the game. It causes BGS not rely on healing and super champs alone. Loss of life tactics are the end counter to most things in the game. If there was ever a tweak in the game it would be FW loosing its AOE spell. Being a ST Zealot I would like to see ST loose its spot and AOE healing as well and go back to healing by ice eaters and healing wind. The reason is that other FF abilities that give the faction flavor have to be nerfed and or be fewer in number.

Example FW gets an AOE spell now decay is not as prevalent any more. I remember when running healing was stupid due to an FW split or FF would destroy you, dang I would not even run regeneration or dreaded having frost acolyte. Oh so what happens decay gets nerfed and now acolytes are a problem too and we have acolyte nerfed. ST gets healing and looses Force barriers, majestic and spell warding champs, ice eaters and spells. Now we are crying about loss of life and spot spell kills and now we get that nerfed and all of sudden healing and super champs are a problem.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  8. super71

Super champs are hardly a problem anymore with all the dispel in the game, super champs aren't even viable in any way shape or form. To many ways to remove buffs.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  9. super71

If your playing competitive bgs sure thing bud, when your playing using fun stuff then you gotta grind. I've never played pox competitively, I play fun bgs and all factions and themes.

You play one faction and have played probably quadruple the amount of games I have played, and probably made alts before becoming burnpyro because you care about something like win/loss ratio.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's alright, someone has to be average.

No need to be ashamed.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Or because they're really really really wrong.......

Tweek516 and Ballballer like this.
  12. super71

Thanks man

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

well intelligence follows a bell curve, either really right or really wrong.

14. DiCEM0nEY

I disagree with that. Most people in this game are older. The people playing 20 hrs a week are a minority, or at least not a large majority.

lol isn't as competitive as Dora or sc2, it's too mechanically easy.

Good players winning with bad decks is irrelevant.

Table top games are similar to rts games, but have a much older aged following.

super71 likes this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

wrong, being correct is absolute. You're only right you can't be more right
    being wrong on the other hand thats just a constant downward spiral into further ridiculousness

16. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

super71 i disagree with all you said lol

stop running superchamps if you do not want them to be destroyed! there absolutely should be counters to superchamps in this game!!!

for the record i play better vs fw because ive played fw so often and know what to expect. when i see fw opponents it makes me happy... not true for worms though lol.

17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

how can you say anything is op and nerf worthy when you play Bane Shift decks? if you want to play for fun expect to lose.

18. DiCEM0nEY

Being correct us absolute, knowing the correct answer via intelligence is not.