FW Patch Discussion

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Fikule, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Welp, lets do dis!

Forsaken Waste Patch Notes (Witch Edition?)
    Champions

• Haunting spirit
      • Move Sonic Aura 3 base and replace with Soul Channeling in upgrades.
        - I have no context. I have no Haunting Spirit and spell gets Sonic Aura anyway ^^
    • Demonologist
      • Is now FW/UD
        - I really hope I didn't trade mine away. He is so expensive ><
    Spells
    • Haunt
      • The champions from the spell haunt now have a 0 nora cost.
        - I can only assume this was a nora efficiency issue. Yay balance.
    • Haunting Grip
      • No longer refunds nora in addition to other effects
        - Hmm, so it is now 40 nora for a 1 speed Aura Latch On? I'd probably pass.
    • Witching Hour
      • Replaced vaporize with Revel in Misery.
        - I thought the problematic part of this spell was that it crutched on +1 speed?
    • Foul Rite
      • Sacrifice all undead you own. Friendly humans get +2 damage and +5 HP for each non summoned, non illusion unit destroyed this way.
        - I like that it got an extra damage and 3 more hp. Would have to see if it is usable. Would have personally liked a lesser/different effect for summons since witches can summon undead.
    • Ritual of Ashes
      • For 6 turns, the next time target friendly champion takes damage, opposing non-Avatar champions within 6 spaces become Cursed for 5 turns and take 50% of the damage as Magic damage. If the target was already Cursed, then this will deal an additional 5 damage. This effect does not stack and is hidden until triggered.
        - I would personally call this usable now that it actually does something in a Curse BG ^^
    Abilities
    • Haunt
      • Has been made cheaper.
        - No context atm. But I don't mind the Disturbed Spirit being a little cheaper.
    • Curse (Rank 1 & 2)
      This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-4. If successful, the target becomes Cursed for (2/4) turns and takes 50% damage. If the target was already Cursed, then this will deal an additional 5 damage
      - I like it :p

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Witching Hour lost Vaporize? Welp, Witches suck even more now. Yay.

On the other hand, Curse got better. But... Not sure if that really makes up for the loss of Vaporize...
    Until they make the Witches non-reliant on that spell, it kinda needs to be what it was before this happened. And the new curse barely helps.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Haunt
    • The champions from the spell haunt now have a 0 nora cost.
    Probably to prevent Death Harvester from benefiting.

4. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

The proposed change to curse was to deal LOL instead regular damage, both ranks would deal a fixed amount of LOL and rank 2 would be higher than rank 1. What happened to that? Basically curse now is "spend +1AP to deal 90-100% damage to target champion IF is already cursed". Is an improvement, but for the most part, the ability curse is still pointless and a waste of an upgrade.

The supposed buff to foul rite is pretty meaningless (still demand REAL DEPLOYED CHAMPIONS?!), although ritual of ashes seems interesting... IF they fixed the bug that was lingering around. The rest are nerfs I don't care for the most part, except for witching hour. Yeah, nerfing the theme even more is just what we requested. Is baffling to see they nerf at the same time the trees and witches.

"Hey, here, we'll nerf your crutch spell, and some meta runes, but worry not as we are barely buffing things nobody was using into a status where quite probably nobody will use anyway!"

Yeah, thanks, I guess.

5. Fikule

Oh yeah... didn't notice the curse wasn't LoL. So, I guess it's barely usable on units with 8 or less damage or if they are inside your range.

6. Fikule

Also,

Wake the Dead x2 = 60 Nora
    Foul Rite x1 = 85 Nora

So for 85 nora every human in play gets +12 damage and +30hp.

I'd call that worth it. Probably nerfable.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Foul rite looks strong indeed, but I think it may rely more on the battlegroup limitations to balance it.
    Scary on a split also.

8. Fikule

I'm mostly thinking Deep Wounds on Rip Witch.

Plus I imagine it works ok with the Revel in Misery change.

9. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Foul Rite, Graveyard, Wake the Dead, Bag of Filth, and Haunt = powerful Humans maybe even too powerful.

10. Fikule

I am using Foul Rite, Wake the Dead, Bone Trap & 28 nora Death Guards.

11. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Assuming you can keep all the skellies alive.

12. Fikule

Yep. But with that risk it might actually be ok for Foul Rite to pump out that much in terms of stats ^^

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@Fikule
    Add Mobilization 60 nora for 4 ap in the list... looks like it was changed but wasn't in the patch notes.

As for Haunting Grip the text on the spell is still a little off.
    It was basically changed to summon a lvl 1 Haunting spirit without upgrades to be consistent with other summon effects.
    it spawns a 4 speed ghost with sonic aura and latch on. It lost depression (upgrade) and sorta soul channelling (upgrade) which was added to the base champ to make it more expensive (was 33 nora).

I've been told to wait a little bit longer (a good chance it's next patch) for that large amount of feedback from that thread collected previously to hit.

If you do have things that you would like to suggest that are top priority feel free to let me know as I do have to go through the long list of notes and update them this weekend to take into consideration all the stuff that has been patched since it was submitted.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  14. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

And you can put enough humans to made worth the investment AND remove the magelord with pain curse and the tortun bokor with soul collection from the bgs. Oh, yeah, totally worth it. And don't forget the text states HUMAN, so even if they somehow survive (reflesh?), witches like the seamtress or the demonologist will not earn any benefit from this trick.

Yeah, totally meta and nerf worth.

gillo likes this.
  15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

all that discussion about mobi, kinda hard to feel like it was time well spent.

16. Fikule

Your confusing foul rite with a witch bg. :)

Most humans just happen to be witches.

17. Fikule

Mm. +5 Nora. Seems familiar. Wonder when it'll hit 70.

18. Fikule

@yobanchi
    My main concern is still the rider and phylactery up front costs. The use of easy target on the riders sort of shows that it just isn't working right now as the initial forms are pretty useless. Made suggestions in your original post. But more interested in knowing if they are on the radar at all. Would just prefer to see the tempo hit delayed so the initial unit can have more actual utility.

19. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Who needs Magelords or Bokers when you can have 17 plus damage, 62 HP Rip Witches and/or 15 damage, 60 HP Corruptors off of just 3 undead being sacrificed?

20. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lol so regarding Haunt, is it's counterpart Overgrowth dealt with in the same way?