FW/ST Hoarfrost

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Anima26, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I was thinking about Game of Thrones and i realized ive always wanted to play with the ST/FW frosty undead theme, aka Hoarfrost.

I was looking at the potential for either going full Skeletons/Undead with mainly FW champs or going more Frost focused with FW and ST champs.

Does anyone have any deck lists or templates of this kind of thing, and any advice or information? Even if they decks are outdated its fine, ive never played with this theme so im just looking for ideas.

Hoarfrost Lich, Dragon and Whisperghast are definitely going in because of excellent flavor, maybe Crawling Corpse too.

Edit: After lots of experimenting im currently running this, and its lots of fun personally.

table.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Contained Thrall too, and don't forget about Raising Yeti, too shame I don't play ST to help you out.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Anima26

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

You're a bit late, hoarfrost theme wasn't lucky to survive the revamp. It was quite unique, but now it's just another skelly deck. Pilgrimage + skeleforms and new frost tinderbox lets you get some healing though, but it's nothing in comparsion to all stuff lost.

5. Anima26

Im not looking for a fully competitive deck i just want to build a "White Walker" deck for fun more than anything. :)

Was hoping a few decklists would give me ideas.

How did the revamp kill Hoarfrost specifically any way, im curious. I always thought the idea/theme was really cool.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you really want to abuse the hell out of the split, you can go for a skeleton summons version. This would be a rough draft:

upload_2015-11-3_7-23-28.png

Goyo likes this.
  7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Both hoarfrosts and st doomball had ally
    glaive had tailwind
    arctic used to give ready
    boost used to give +spd/dmg/def (with possible domain and bm on top of that)
    bonewing, stwarlock, emissary, jfq, whisper - all were better and had tons of synergies

In general that deck had insane stats and zero attrition (if you assume 1 tailwind proc per turn + boost and terrain out, the dragon had 10 speed, just think about it), and was more like leoss than regular skellies.

8. Anima26

Damn i missed out on all the OP.

9. Anima26

I heard that expansion 28 will have some sort of focus on split runes, maybe the FW/ST hoarfrost thing can get a new rune that helps tie the theme together.
    Just a thought.

@Sokolov

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

If I play you and lose do I have permission to call you a whorefrost lover?

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Anima26

Im online now you Hagfish, come at me bro.

fattyy2k likes this.
  12. Anima26

This is what im playing around with at the moment. Theres a bit of frost synergy and some arctic/ally st but other than that its more just for fun, i want to play frozen undead stuff and didnt fancy going for skelly summon spam. Still very much a work in progress though.

frosty dead.png

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Make it proper game of thrones bg. I suggest wandering zombie for Ned Stark. Elsarin knight can be John snow. Crawling corpse can be bran. death harvester can be the three eyed Raven. Probably a giving tree and chopping block for ambience.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Anima26

Yeah my initial urge was to make it GoT themed, but i got side tracked by trying to make it function and have some synergy, i kept it frozen undead at least, barring Cthulhu.

15. Anima26

Been having quite a bit of fun with this deck. It feels like it can compete, its got lots of fun abilities and answers to things, frozen undead stuff going on. Id like to see a new Hoarfrost unit of some kind in future expansions. The theme is full of cool potential.

WINTER IS COMING.

Edit: Updated version

table.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yo -- jam Necrohex/Sermon in there. If you get it off, you can win the game in a flash. Also, no Dark Rising? It's great with Coord Tower and the ST bonus.

17. Anima26

Sermon? What rune are we talking about? i didnt give much thought to DR tbh, i might try and work one in, it was tricky working around the 15/15 limit. I tried to include all the things i wanted the most. I could probably shuffle an ST rune for a FW rune somewhere though.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lonx Missionary. Admittedly, you probably have too many non-Undead to make it really worth it, but Sermon for Undead is ... disgusting. It's like +10 nora in stats per undead, and you know how many tiny units FW can spit out.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

The Arctic Beast is real
    :eek::eek::eek:

Anima26 likes this.
  20. Anima26

WINTER IS COMING.

I like the actual rune. Hes cheap, he has 2 dots, hes got Charge, good stats and a potential buff with Domain and he has Arctic. He fits what im looking for in this deck perfectly, a frozen, cheap, melee undead thing that has useful abilities. Do people run him? Because i quite like him. For 60 nora hes a good melee, especially if u generate some snow/ice.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015