Game crashing.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kodiak567, May 30, 2015.

1. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

Greets, the game is randomly crashing for me, game simply terminates to windows like I would hit ALT+F4. I can't even complete basic tutorial because of the problem. Beside this I am getting constant stutter even in menus, AKA "pulse bug" or whatever, but I can live with it as it does not affect gameplay.

My computer - Windows XP, Athlon 2500mhz, 1GB Ram, Geforce 7300GT 256MB Ram, Java 8u45.

Here are some log files:

hs_err_pid3084.log

http://pastebin.com/Zc78a39M

error.log

http://pastebin.com/HR9ZYQYZ

output.log

http://pastebin.com/PYN0Kgvz

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello, when was the last time you ran Pox Nora without this problem and or when did you first notice this problem started occurring? The problem may be that you are out of RAM. From the specs you listed 1GB of Ram for you computer is not much. Try disabling all other non critical programs, that means closing you web browser and all other programs and see if that helps. The next step if that doesn't work would be for you to uninstalling Pox Nora, Uninstall Java, Download the newest drivers from Nvidia for your card, restart your computer, then reinstall Pox Nora.

3. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

I am quite new to this game, and it happens every time I want to play, currently stuck on 3rd tutorial mission. As for RAM I am running hardware monitoring in background with game windowed and everything else disabled so I can clearly see that there is nothing in particular that would cause it on my hardware side. The ram usage is stabilizes at around 900MB, that is game+everything else, video ram usage is just 60MB. CPU is obviously jumpy but on average around 70%. Simply nothing signifies upcoming crash, the crashes are quite random and can happen in earlier or later part of game but I can't rule out that they are related to certain skill/ability used by bot. Anyhow I will try to see different graphic driver and post results.

As of note I also know that java applications are quite customizable with extra.txt or command line parameters so I can for example set min/max ram with -xms/-xmx option along with certain openGL functions.

4. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

Installed newer driver. Funny observations. Game didn't crash yet but is much slower. For example pulse bug dropped my framerate from 40 to 22 now it drops down to 16. System resource usage is much different, system ram went down to 830mb, vid ram went up to 160mb, CPU usage is now around 85%, page file usage also grew. In general things are less smooth than before and that's not only Poxnora. My guess is the problem is solved and was caused by openGL shader preprocessor support(will take some time to find out). There is a box inside link with preprocessor versions if someone wants to check:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL_Shading_Language

Anyhow I am wondering about one thing, what is the latest version of so called openGL "fragment shader" used by Poxnora. Furthest I found was #120. I need this to know because I am going to roll back to older driver just with support of this shader because sadly NVIDIA doesn't know how to make proper drivers and certain other applications run almost twice as slow as before now.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  5. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

Sadly, even with the newest driver problem still occurs but produces different error messages. My guess is that it's the JAVA itself, but for now I will try to run game with different parameters to see results.

6. Senshu

Hmm, it seems like it is unable to find a specific file. What you need to do is uninstall Pox Nora completely. Go to the install directory of Pox Nora and make sure you delete the Pox Nora folder and any other Pox Nora files like the PoxNora.exe you got from our website. Restart your computer, then disable any Net Nanny or security programs that would inter fear with the download like antivirus software. Then download and install the installer from https://www.poxnora.com/download.do. Once downloaded play the game and see if you get the same issue and if you don't then try re-enabling your other software.

7. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

Still crashes with same errors in error.log.

What I have tried so far: driver cleanup and reinstalling newest NVidia drivers; java cleanup and reinstalling newest Java version; running game just with older java 6 installed - same error; Poxnora cleanup and reinstalling game from provided link.

What I might try is to run Java in server mode or with different parameters, but so far it didn't change anything.

8. Kodiak567

Kodiak567 New Member

For some reason I can't run java with parameters, this includes -server or garbage collection parameters like -Xincgc. I am not sure how to make them work with Poxnora.

What I have found was another bug in error.log, but it seems to be minor and I have fixed it by following link and placing downloaded file in poxnora folder with other jar files.

9. Senshu

Unfortunately, based on the information you provided there isn't much more we can do. Just based on what is happening and your system specs it seems like it is a memory issue, but as you said you still have memory free. To make sure the game just closes without warning there is no popup that says out of memory? A shot in the dark, try downloading Steam and Install the Steam version of Pox Nora and see if you have the same problem.