(Game Freeze) This is Getting Old

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by crisian, Apr 3, 2014.

1. crisian

crisian Member

the freezes.

as i'm typing this, poxnora is frozen at the shrine explosion of todays first daily. i can't close it, even with task manager so now i must shut down and reboot the pc. but this happens a couple times a day, most often when i sign on and try to start a daily, it will freeze right there.

also to mention signing on. i put in my name and password and then get on of 3 error messages why it won't log me in. sometimes i have to hit 'ok' and then 'login' over and over for 5x, 10x or more before it finally makes the connection.

while you guys are doing lots of great things with the game, stuff like this really should have priority over stuff like making coragh pink, or changing his name. those little details are so un-important at the moment, but not being able to login or finish a game, to me, seems top priority.

i know you guys are relying on us to report every bug, but if you guys just turn on a couple computers and play the game, you'll find them yourselves. try different os's, try different computers, whatever, but really you should be able to see for yourselves a lot of these stupid glitches. and seriously, put the cosmetic changes and reskins etc. on the back burner until you have an operational product.

2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Never happened to me, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else :/

Maybe it's your computer?

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

its happened once... but i was able to use task manager to close it.

4. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

I'm having the same problem. Cheers bro.

5. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

It would really help if you posted your system specifications. I haven't had any client crashes in a long time. That being said, there does seem to me a memory leak since the client will begin to stutter after being open for a while.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

A daily froze on me yesterday, I closed Pox and reopened and it didn't freeze again.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yep, only happens to me when I create the fourth campaign or so.

8. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

We are currently looking into a possible memory leak, but this is the first report I have a freeze! If you could post your system sepcs that would be helpful!

9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I just had the same issue after completing a dailly, I blew the shrine up with a charged frost cone then the client completely froze out, I was able to close it with task manager however, but it took a minute to react after the freeze. I managed to log back in ok and it has shown as the daily completed.

I run Windows 7 ultimate with a 3.4ghz amd phenom II x4 965 quad core cpu, 4gb ram and a radeon hd7750 2gb gddr5 gpu

10. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

additional info, the screen kinda just went black when it was supposed to hit the victory screen, i could move the pox mouse but do nothing else until I closed it with task manager

Edit: just completed the 2nd daily with no problems

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  11. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I also had a freeze the first time I completed a daily after the last patch. I somehow managed to kill the process but it was a pretty nasty lock.

Windows 8.1 on an i7 vivobook with intel hd4000 integrated gpu and 8gb ram.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I reported a freeze yesterday. From what I can tell, the client only freezes when the KF shrine distruction animation plays.

Laptop specs
    Intel Core i7 3540M @3.00 GHz quad core
    8GB RAM
    Win 7 64bit
    NVidia NVS 5200

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...zes-during-shrine-destruction-animation.2031/

13. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Gonna move this thread to bugs since thats what it is, but know im look at this.

14. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

My comp is .... old. Also had to kill game from task manager. Game froze on KF shrine explosion.

15. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Got black screen after 1st daily skrimish.

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

I looked into this and have found a reliable reproduction step thanks to darklord48's comment. This is definitely an odd one and we will post here if we need more information from all of you.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I just played the second Ash the Bandit Prince, on Legendary, which I had the issue with previously, and it did not freeze this time. Was there a server side issue? I didn't notice an update for the client.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Spoke too soon, I just played the first Ash the Bandit Prince and it froze again.

19. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

I have the same problem on dailys, and in general when i play the game I'll get an out of memory error.
    My laptop stats are:
    2x geforce gt 650m 2gb graphics cards
    12mb ram
    Intel i7 2.4 ghz processor

It's not me.. it's you <3

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We just deployed a hotfix for the end match freeze: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/hotfix-patch-notes-april-3rd-2014.2107/#post-24390
    If you run into any other game freezes that can be reproduced be sure to let us know.
    The memory error should be a different issue that we are still looking into, unless it stops occurring for you after this patch. Let us know if that happens.