Game is unplayable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You know why? because the SL starter i built is awesome.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I had no issues with the game other than the campaigns being extremely laggy visual/sound-wise (it seems to be stuttering a lot).

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I've had one issue with Creep and Crawl, no real lag or dropping issues beyond that.

4. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

A lot of lag, a lot of bugs, prices have gone up a lot since the transfer and that really ugly issue with earned gold disappearing.

I'm happy with the improvements being made, but there's a lot of work to be done. It kind of feels pointless for me to log in and play right now.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Today was a lot better, I was able to play like normal. Single Player campaigns were offline for a bit, but the greens fixed that right away.

6. Malosi

Malosi The King of Potatoes

Played my first 2 games in almost 2 years last night...worked like a charm. It was good to be back.

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Glad to have you back! You were able to fix the issue with Mac's?

8. Malosi

Malosi The King of Potatoes

Yeah, I just copied the Pox shortcut into my Apps and it has worked fine ever since.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hehe, yeah, I am stuck in a ranked game right now.

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

The game has issues just like any other game. Like someone in my guild said not even blizzard games release something without bugs. Give it a week or 2 and the game will be back up running, the only thing that matters to me is I have my favorite game back and that's all that matters :)

11. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

The interesting thing to me about the problems is the inconsistency; between players and events. I have had innumerable things go wrong but it isn't consistent enough to track down and it seems players are experiencing different things. I know they did some tweaking on where assets are being drawn for between server and client which may be driving some of this and migrating data is always a chancy thing but it's all still really strange. If I was a programmer at DOG right now, I'd be applying for compassionate leave to care for my dying houseplant which means me for, ummm, about two weeks.

12. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

13. eccological

eccological New Member

many LAG =/

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

This is more or less an alpha. Of course the transition would mess things up, but DoGs are working on fixing all the stuff quicker than the SoE crew in their heydays.

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I have one of the latest hp lattop, with windows 8, and can't log or do anything on the site and game.

16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Yeah I have noticed the lag has apparently started up again, I seem to be one of the lucky ones who is not being affected by it so just ignore the original post I made xD

17. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

We just deployed a stability patch to the server. I don't want to say the issue is entirely resolved until we've had a chance to see how it runs over the next 24 hours but it's looking very promising so far. Sorry for the trouble.

JaceDragon likes this.
  18. only

only Active Member

any words on new client requiring much more computer resources? or was server stability related to this issue?

19. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

This was a server patch and it's unlikely it will have any affect on client performance but sometimes it's hard to distinguish server from client lag so it really depends on the specific issue.

20. only

only Active Member

tried it and it's the same. some games can be fine, some are just pathetic. you get spikes every 2 seconds. started exactly after server transition. monitoring client on ctrl alt del shows 2x more resources being taken than it used to.