Game keeps running slow than randomly freezing.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Sunutsu, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Moles told me to make a support ticket here about this issue. For the last several months my poxnora client has constantly been messing up. It will work for the first couple of matches then it starts to randomly freeze or lag for no reason. When I do SP I have to press pause almost every round just so the computer AI starts to move. If I watch other players games it works for a few minutes then all of their champions stop moving and I have to leave the game in order for the sound and animation to work again. I barely know anything about computers but I don't believe I have any viruses or anything like that. My parents internet service isn't that great but its not so bad that it does this on other games I play online. The constant freezing has made me not want to play this game that much because it iritates me every time it freezes. I already tried uninstalling and re installing the game client and it didn't solve anything. I use a HP windows 8 computer.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

How much ram does your computer have? Also, have you updated the drivers for the computer specifically the video drivers? Take a look at the PC troubleshooting tips http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

3. Sunutsu

My computer says "Installed Ram: 16.0 GB". I downloaded the Intel thing and it looked like all of my drivers were up to date on my computer. I already did #2 already several times today. I tried 3# earlier and so far I haven't noticed freezing where I have to pause the game to move. My game did freeze on me once though when I was loading a skirmish match. I still have music lag where it takes a few seconds for the sound to appear right when I start the match though.

4. Senshu

The music starting delay is normal. Sounds like you are on a laptop. Are you on WiFi? If so it is possible that there is some signal interference. It sounds like the performance has improved some for you.

5. Sunutsu

I am using a laptop. I am connected to my houses internet and I have a device that strengthens the wifi in my room which is where I always play pox. My wifi does occasionally slow down tremendously for no reason but that isn't what is making my game mess up. When the game starts having problems I always refresh my browser to see if its the internet being slow and it isn't. I have had this problem before in the past on other computers in my house years ago and it seems random. I will play the game fine with no problems then a few weeks later pox starts lagging and freezing like crazy.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This reminds me of a similar bug report from someone using Wifi some months back. It might be work finding it and comparing.

Sunutsu likes this.
  7. Sunutsu

My game started freezing again and now I have to press pause for the A.I to play so #3 didn't work at all. I don't know what the problem is because my computer doesn't have viruses. My internet is working properly when the game messes up so it isn't a connection issue.

8. Senshu

Have you tried using the version of Pox Nora on Steam?

9. Sunutsu

I've never used pox on steam before. I have steam on my computer already so I guess ill try running pox from there.

10. Sunutsu

I downloaded pox from steam and I am still having the same problems. There is less lag so far but I still have to pause the game in order for the units to move.

11. Sunutsu

Is there anything that you guys or I could do to get the game to work properly for me? I checked to see if I am low on memory and RAM and I have plenty of space on my computer. My internet isn't causing the problem because it works fine while poxnora is messing up. The game for me is barely even playable now because I have to constantly pause to get my units and the A.I units to move. I tried several options in the troubleshooting guide and it didn't solve any of my problems.

12. Sunutsu

I think my problem might be my laptop heating up. I just noticed it was extremely hot and I have had problems in the past where my laptop heating up would make my computer act weird. I have it on a fan now so hopefully pox works. I haven't had any problems so far today.

13. Senshu

That could be a cause, you might also want to try going into the game options and muting the sound. That could help some, but the heat is probably your major problem.