Game of Thrones, Season 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

those dornish hens aren't just random assassins. they are the personal bodyguard of a member of the royal family. I assume they know the passwords.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

pretty much my thoughts on the show at this point. it's collapsing under unbelievable coincidences and character motivations (or lack thereof) and too-contrived plot points and character pair-ups.

Kampel likes this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Brienne being able to follow/find the people following Sansa actually makes plenty of sense to me. She was already in the area and keeping a close eye on the castle (and it's not like she's gotten anything better to do after completing her side-quest). That bothers me far less than the Red Woman's ability to teleport back to Castle Black even given the onset of winter (even if she is "special") that had been grinding Stannis' army to a halt just a short while before she left them.

Dorne remains stupid. Which is all the worse since Siddig's character was supposed to be a genius mastermind, but he can't assign himself more than 1 loyal guard? And why would Dorne follow the women? I'm not saying this because they are women. I'm saying this because they have mostly proven themselves to be utter morons. Udder morons? Either way.

I was under the impression that Davos got to know Snow a bit, and respected him for not taking up Stannis' offer of de-bastardization and lordship of the North. Still some weak things there as far as plot though.

Kampel and Geressen like this.
  4. Ragic

davros was an honorable man (and a knight) and snow was killed unjustly. he didn't have to know him or like him to know what the right side was. plus i think he was more inspired by the desire to help snows friends that remained (and outnumbered) rather than any particular need to avenge snow. i dunno, it doesn't strike me as out of character though a little more set up wouldn't have hurt.

Kampel, Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So im really liking this season. It seems to be the darkest season yet so far.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Hurray for (from a fan of the books' perspective) backtracking!

Geressen likes this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Oh boy. The stupidity just won't stop. Davos is apparently friends with Melisandre? Not a single line about Stannis or Shireen? Brienne says she saw Arya with ''a man''? Why not say it was the hound? She looked happy with him? Why not say you attacked him?

Ramsay kills Roose just like that? Why does nobody do anything about it? How does anyone follow Ramsay now? One of my favorite scenes from the books was the confrontation between Ramsay and Roose, with Theon (Reek) watching. Everyone fears Ramsay. But Roose just taunts and mocks him and puts him in his place. Theon observes all the signs on Ramsay. He thinks he will go mad and attack Roose. But Ramsay just does as he is told. This is what Roose says to him ''All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that *******''. Nobody calls him *******. This is where Theon thinks soemthing will happen but nothing does. Killing Roose means Ramsay's death. In the show it means he is now the lord... Even though he is a psycho which everyone hates. Just like 3 ******* women killing the royal family means they now rule Dorne. But of course killing Jon Snow doesn't mean you now get to rule whitout repercussions. It means people fighting you back. Because Jon is obviously the good guy.

Tyrion and Varys are just sad caricatures. They just walk around making lame jokes. Who thought Varys being a buddy to Tyrion was a good idea? Varys was a shadowy character. You didn't know if he was good or bad, or what his intentions are. Now he fully supports Tyrion and Daenerys? And is here with Tyrion for literally no reason than to make lame jokes? Tyrion himself is just boring at this point. What is he doing but making quips? Nothing. Even the actor looks bored and low energy. Same with Varys's actor.

It's all just a pile of stupid. EDIT: Bas t a r d is censored.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Kampel and newsbuff like this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

mods, b@stard is being used here in its literary sense to refer to a person born to unmarried parents. please consider disabling this demeaning children's naughty word filter since everyone here is 30+ years old and it's the ********* internet for christ's sake. @Senshu @kalasle @Sokolov this is just like when you censored the word "gay" while moles was trying to give us his bio. It's really demeaning for you to tell us we can't use words in our language to communicate, assuming they can only be used as insults.

p.s. IAWTP @Saandro

Ohmin likes this.
  9. Ragic

Is this what I sound like when I bash pox? I am so so sorry.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm a 25 year old! My innocence needs to be protected!

Kampel likes this.
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's ******** even. (By which I of course mean that it is stunted, and encourages a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness, emotional development, academic progress, etc.)

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this ******* isation of modern language is ********, it is the **** of language!

Ohmin likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't really deal in moderation, but...

This is one of those situations where you can't make everyone happy. If you don't have a language filter, you end up dealing with a lot of other reports/CS tickets reporting people for language, as well as trolls/kids coming on and spamming the forums/chat with obscenties just because they can. In general, it's easier to filter the words.

Note also that in most cases, people just turn on the default filter the forums software comes with and fine-tine it as things come up, so in most cases it isn't someone specifically trying to censor specific words due to some personal agenda.

It's also true that most forums and online games utilize a language filter. If you run your own forums/game/company, you are free to try running them without language filters/rules, but personally it seems easier to deal with the occasional "why is this word banned" than the other stuff.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Varys is a shadow of his character. If that helps. (It doesn't but...)

On a different note, this is relevant:

15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Anyway, at least it only took 2 chapters into the new season to happen everything we knew it would happen. Remember it could be worse(like season 5..)

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Sok covered the general reason, but in most cases the words have been censored due to people using them in directed insults and not using them in the literal sense. For this case the use of this word on the forums is fairly uncommon in regards to its literal meaning which is why it is blocked. The word moderation level depends on the discourse of the community in which it is used. If it is used in the as a pejorative more than in it's literal use then that leads to such moderation.

As Sok said not everybody is going to be happy because the moderating of these words were a direct result of people complaining about their use and the hostile environment they create.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

those *plural of rude word starting with C also used as a crude word to refer to female genitalia derived from the germanic root word kunte or konte meaning hole*, they're such *plural of word for person conceived out of wedlock* somebody give them a bouquet of *colourfull plant genitalia* because they are winners!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I wish John snow would have stayed dead. A completely one dimensional character in a series of very complex and interesting ones.

The actor also seems to be of the keanu reeves school of acting where he has one expression (a sort of blank, open mouthed passivity), and blunders through huge events in a sort of dull confusion.

newsbuff likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who is this john snow everyone is complaining about?
    it's almost as if...
    [​IMG]

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

as a term for central and south east asians that is considered ofensive, luckily there are NOT a lot of mongoloids on this forum.