Game often fails to load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fleshbits, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

All to often the loading screen stops when the orb is filled red and does not progress to the actual game.

Is there anything to be done? JVM memory settings maybe? Is it leaks over time?

2. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

How fast is your computer and how does the client work for you on the occasions when it does load properly?

3. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

I7 5520k
    Gforce 770
    32 gigs of DDR3

I've got enough to run 5 instance of 3ds max and an instance of Cubase, so it isn't hardware resources.

Game runs and responds fine when it gets past the load screen.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

this sounds like a "you" problem.

Never encountered this issue

5. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Haha. Like, I said, it is probably some Java configuration thing.
    I am betting it slowly leaks and the mem cap for the JVM kicks in. Especially, since close/reopen always fixes it with no reboot for about an hour.

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

Yeah I have never had this issue either. I wish I could help more. Maybe re download the client? That has fixed problems for me in the past.

7. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

8. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

-cp is classpath, but what is the 22322?

Edit:
    Hmm, I tried that and it still did it within 30 minutes.

Anyone know the setting for increasing JVM memory? I'd like to try that.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  9. Capitulator

I think it is the port number (so it knows which server to connect to). I worked out the command a while ago and it's a bit hazy now.

Edit: btw, this is to avoid problems on loading when you first open the client. Not sure if it would help with freezing on loading a game, is that the problem you're having?

10. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Freeze when loading skirmish match, as the globe fills to full and hits the top. The Messages at the bottom continue to cycle indefinatly.

11. Capitulator

Ah, ok. I haven't had that one except for 10 minutes at that magic time of day when the bots all stop working. Does that still happen -- at midnight PDT or something?

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the issue with campaigns all freezing is no longer a problem.

13. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

Well, I don't think it leaks memory. After profiling it, it sits at 650MB-675MB pretty consistantly, even after matches and various screens close.

I did see my environment variables has _JAVA_OPTIONS -Xmx512M set. I changes it to 2048 and it seems to be OK so far. Maybe that was it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i get exact same problem fleshbits, i know others have too.. its a dog issue. its very intermittent, just close and restart.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I cam confirm this does happen. Happens to me maybe once or twice a day. Not exclusive to you like some are thinking

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I've had the same problem with skirmishes.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

That is when I have this problem as well. Vs AI skirmishes

18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i get problem both on client load and skirmishes. (some)

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I also get this issue occasionally, when I try loading a Skirmish. I don't think I've ever experienced it anywhere else.

20. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It's primarily a Skirmish problem and - IIRC - it has something to do with the client-server interaction.