game wont launch

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by xLAWx, Feb 11, 2015.

1. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

I recently had to buy a new hard drive for my computer, I reloaded steam and pox, and when i go to launch pox, it says preparing to launch...then nothing happens. I have deleted and reinstalled several times, no idea what is wrong.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

When you replaced your hard drive was it your primary C: drive so you had to reinstall your OS. If that is the case it is possible that your security settings were set higher than they should and that is blocking Pox from running. Uninstalling and reinstalling would not have an affect on this. Try going through our Troubleshooting Tips: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

3. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

Attempting the repair option now, that's the only step I have not tried. Its so odd that pox is the only game that wont run on steam for me.

4. Senshu

Did you try running the Steam version of Pox as an administrator?

5. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

The repair option didn't work :(

6. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

I did. I have pox and steam both running as admin.

7. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

If I download the client off the web site it launches to the first box where it downloads, then when I click play I see POXNORA in my screen then it nothing happens after it goes away. Off of steam i just see POXNORA then it goes away.

8. Senshu

Hmm, create a customer support ticket by going to PoxNora.com and clicking on the Feedback & Support tab on the left of the screen. We will do what we can to figure out the cause.