Garu BG

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Jonesy23, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I was looking to make a garu BG mainly just because I think the champions look so cool but have no idea where to start with them... Looking to some of the more experienced for advice on which ones I should use and any examples of a garu group would be appreciated.

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

They are not "playable" since the revamp, only thing u can use them for basically is either magic amp/trilloon bg, or to use dugon for the temporary hp boost instead of healing if u play FF. For split dugon is a no go 100%. Garu is one of those killed themes.

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So. Ignoring that.

Anyway @Jonesy23 here's the BG I run in high-exo to low-limted:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/cibck CwXCpfC9kC CpUca@C1Mcqvs2@s4ys5Ws4Ks2ts6BsLr2YrqrUe2we1tEM

I'm not entirely happy with it at the moment and I'd recommend swapping:
    Herbal Antidote -> Cleansing Emerald
    Grimlics Eye -> Catharis Bloom (Hunter buff gives valid detection)

Dugon/Fiorn aren't necessary in the BG but they do help, Dugon in particular. Since they're both Forgeable save up a tad and make sure to grab one or the other.
    If Thorn Collection/Fan Faire are out of reach try:
    Thorn -> Natures Wrath/Stellar Horizon (Both work great with Garu Chosen)
    Fan Faire -> Whatever you want.

With Hibernate/Bloom/Rejuv Ring you can manage some decent semi-constant healing and the gameplan becomes survive until you get Fan Faire/Dugon rolling in support of Garu Kodiak who are, annoyingly, near necessary for the BG.
    As an aside Garu Primitive, if you have a rune you don't like, can do really well in the BG with Reveal Race and decent stats.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    DarkJello and xezno like this.
  4. polltroy

And you really win with that BG? I wish I can play against you or see you play with that. Especially I wonder why you run the garu.

And why you use the garu choosen? For some 4 range magic attack each 3rd turn?

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Protective, Berserker 2 and Motivate. He's not a bad champ even after Majestic was lost. He used to be a lot better, but so did many other champs.

Please try to stop focusing on what was lost and being so negative. Focus on what is in the game right now and what can be done to improve.

DarkJello and xezno like this.
  6. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

That is nearly an exact replica of my BG except instead of Ailurite brother, I have Woodland Diplomat (and a few of the spells and equips). I am so happy now! I have been wanting to post my BG, but I couldn't really tell if it was any good because my skill level isn't too great compared to my competitors. It's good to know I'm doing something right. I really regret not posting it now.

Edit: As a side not, I am experimenting with removing the Garu Chosen because, even though it's my favorite unit, It just doesn't seem to pull it's weight enough since the changes. I added a second diplomat to cover the lack of magical, and am experimenting with the Ailurite or Solitary.

Even though they aren't the best statistically, they are my favorite. I have always loved the garu, even back when all we had was Mountain, Elder, and Hurler. They are very unique thematically and very fun to play. I can't get enough Garu.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Molosse

Well said mate. He's a good champ and with a pair of them out they each usually hit around 16dmg +20% amp w/o Berserk. No doubt Majestic really helped with Garu BG's, but honestly the BG still pumps out UD levels of damage if, admittedly, nowhere as click and draggy.

8. Molosse

I'm experimenting with the A.Brother at the moment, I run him at 69n with Pounce 2, he's a great ball of stats for the price and Reflex's/Agressive make him a nice anti-melee beater.

Also this BG is in no way optimised and I'm sure plenty of people can come out and tell me what I'm doing wrong, but for now it works, not always perfectly but enough where I win a decent portion of my games.

To finish never feel nervous about posting your BG, worst case in the KF forums is you'll get some advice on what to move about.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. polltroy

i want to see an effective garu BG in action, does any of you play now?

10. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

It wasn't exactly that I felt nervous, it was more that people have requested Garu BG help, and I didn't want to offer mine as a suggesting, since I wasn't sure how great it actually was. But you are right, I should just offer it, and people can take it or leave it. Thanks.

ChiaoLung likes this.