Garu Den Mother

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why is 100 hp 20 damage on two champs alright again?

something something in KF

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

There´s your answer right there!
    ;)

3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

It's not. ALL pet champs need a serious smack in the tuckus with a spiked nerfstick. It's just ridiculous. I say that as a confirmed and long-term KF zealot of epic proportions. NERF GDM, AND ANARU AND VASHAL RANGER... (although V. Ranger's pet is at least a LITTLE bit less egregiously stupid... G.Cub > W. Lerper >> Wolf)...

On edit: I mean to be very clear: the champions themselves are actually reasonably in line cost vs nora wise, in terms of what they bring to the table. It's the pets that need the nerf, and it's the pet ability in general that needs to basically completely change.

Tarathil likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just the fact that den mom gives surge enemy to her pet with 50 hp is silly. That's literally all I need to say to warrant a nerf, don't get me started on the rest.

5. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It needs to be nerfed. I think we can all agree that summons shouldn't be as powerful as real champions.

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Grobbles, furbulls, 3x-summon spells and ST heroes/icesnap have even better ratios imo.

7. RedDain

The summon spells are good, yes, but they do not come as a "buy one get one free" addition to a champ that has spell presence and can capture fonts.

Groble summons and Furbull summons are very, very strong, agreed.

ST is just a mess, ratio-wise, because unlike KF (or UD), they are not pre-nerfed relative to their faction bonus... if KF champs are regularly released at 6 spd in order to offset the faction bonus relative to the cost of the champ... then ST champs need to be regularly released at 35 HP... but that does not happen. Imagine if KF heroes were all released at 8 spd, in the same way that ST heroes are regularly released at 45 or 50 HP. lol

TeaNinja likes this.
  8. RedDain

And so the only way to get to them is spell spam... and then you've wasted a ton of nora and put your spells on CD in order to remove 3 free champs. Catch 22.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nerf them all.
    Except Azaren, he´s pretty lackluster as is.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Piledrivers are a pain too. You basically have to run away until you get something that ignores def. At least as FS. Doesnt help that they all are immune to poison.

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

All champions with a Pet should instead have a summon pet ability (Like summon skeleton/Zombie etc). The stats of the summon should be reasonable and not the obscenity we see on Garu, Hekation etc.

12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Note this doesn't solve the problems of Skeletal Raider & Coragh, to name a pair.

13. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

The subject was pets.

14. only

only Active Member

actually, I like pets more than summons, because it's one time thing. sure, you don't waste AP, but at least you won't be spamming them and getting extra advantage overtime. the problem is stats.

dsjtheman and RedDain like this.
  15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

They just need a huge stat decrease. Say if hippo from huntmaster had around 8-9 dmg, 20hp without banner, wouldn't it still be efficient? Same for other pets.

16. TheNidhogg

And what I said is not at all related?

One time use ability is what I and many others have suggested

17. RedDain

I can see that argument... not sure I completely buy in yet (because summoning is such a staple part of the game and has been for so long)... but I can certainly see the "one time use" argument.

What if pet champs and summon champs were consolidated and all got "summon pet:X" -- it cost AP, it's a one-time use

18. LoganMkv

Second form champs may have good hp/nora ratio, but each form has average utility, while summons/pets/high utility+high hp champs have both ratios high.

19. TheNidhogg

I maintain that it is a problem of equal importance. It does not make sense to nerf one but not the other.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

These extra units should be on par with Summon: X. Usually around 20hp with banner, moderate dmg, and a slightly lower speed.

21. LoganMkv

How is high hp alone different than any other defensive ability?
    For example coragh can tank lowdamage themes well, but sixul tanks heavy-physical themes better, and ice ele can tank psychic/frost bgs better than they both.