Gem of J'thir & Spirit of J'thir (Savage Tundra Champions)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by affrobong, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Would you use something like this in your Savage Tundra deck?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. affrobong

affrobong Well-Known Member

Rune Name: Gem of J'thir
    Faction: Savage Tundra
    Race: Element
    , Class: None, Size: 2x2, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : "A tall crystal pyramyd with sharp edges, mirror-like reflective sides with a blue-hue Jakei writing on it. On each side near the top there is a hole that goes all the way into it, on each side, this is where the air gets pulled into"
    Flavor-Text: "Some find it hard to resist the lure of gems, for they are truly, truly, outrageous to those with a mind focused on material things."
    Nora Cost:
    70-75

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    0, SPD: 5, RNG: 1, DEF: 3, HP: 55

Champion Abilities
    Mobility

Colossal
    Righteous Deflection
    Freezing Aura
    Bind
    Frost Aura 3
    Fascinate

Upgrade Abilities
    majestic 1 upgrade tree | Tough 2 | Damage Shield:Frost 3
    Endless Devotion
    | Snow Blast | Ice Eater

Questions to Answer:

To encourage a healthy discussion and increase the chances of your Rune suggestions being selected please answer the following questions in your suggestion post.
    • What role is this Rune intend to fill?
      ~Frontlines damage absorbing for frost based deck
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
      ~Aside of the ice golem there are no meaningful ice eater frontlines runes that can eat damage
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
      ~it would fill a nonexistant arrow eater, frontlines tank damage-absorbing role for ST and give ST a 2nd meaningful frontlines frost tank, something that is seriously missing from any frost/amp deck where your only option is a ice golem for defensive.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
      ~its large size and ability to slow and keep things close to it would be what is mainly used for. The Arrow eater would force the enemy to engage it with frontlines units that are mainly phsyical damage, so that would make this a very good frontlines tank to hold people in an area, while not doing alot of damage itself with only 7 attack, it would keep people locked so your other runes can do your real damage
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
      ~would make it so ice golem isnt the best universal choice for first tank in a frost deck, it would be a matter of choice of what one you wanted to buy due to nora costs or situations.

Rune Name: J'thir Spirit
      Race: Element
      , Class: None, Size: 2x2, Rarity: Legend
      Artwork
      : "A swirling blizzard with chunks of ice flying around the edges, in the middle is dark, almost shadow like"
      Flavor-Text:" "Who disturbs my slumber?" - Dwarven Excavator's last heard words before being pushed down a mineshaft. "
      Nora Cost:
      80-85

Champion Stats
      DAM:
      12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 2, HP: 50

Champion Abilities
      Attack: Frost

Ice Eater
      Snow Font
      Snow Blast
      Snow Strike
      Arctic Flight
      Repulsion

Upgrade Abilities
      Snow Shroud | Arrow Eater

Frost Cone 1-2-3 upgrade tree | frost amp

Questions to Answer:

To encourage a healthy discussion and increase the chances of your Rune suggestions being selected please answer the following questions in your suggestion post.
      • What role is this Rune intend to fill?
        ~Frontlines ap waster unit, forces the enemy to stay away, giving you more time to startup your ranged backline units. Would also be a good way to make the enemy spend more ap in order to engage, its focus is debuffing by pushing away forcing to spend more ap to get back, as well as adding snow to make getting back to the unit harder.Its intended to waste the enemys time without sitting as a mindless meat shield that just takes damage.
        It is also a frost cone unit, where the only options are dragons or a derpy frostwolf, this would be a welcome fresh breath to a frost based deck
      • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
        ~The whole faction seems to be geared towards meat shields with charge who charge into battle then sit there taking hits till they die, this isnt very fun to play and it takes away from the debuff nature of ST that alot of people started playing the faction for, so I feel a rune like this would fulfill a role they seems to be missing on poxnora at the moment.
      • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
        ~The entire ST faction is just meat shields at the moment, this would fulfill a nonexistant role of keeping the enemy tied up without sitting in one spot as a meat shield taking hits. This would be a great debuff unit for a faction that seems to have lost alot of its fun debuff play styles.
      • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
        ~its large size and ability to slow and keep things away from it would be what is mainly used for. The Arrow eater would force the enemy to engage it with frontlines units, it would then push them away after attacking them, forcing them to run through snow for even more wasted AP on the enemy team, this rune would be all about waste'n their ap and debuffing the enemy.
      • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
        ~would make it so ice golem isnt the best universal choice for first tank in a frost deck, it would be a matter of choice of what one you wanted to buy due to nora costs or situations. like in a early game situation this may be the better choice for keeping things off you, where as in a end game situation a ice golem may be the better choice due to the death nova that can easly take out a group of enemys if you have frost amp.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Too many abilities you need to remove some of the abilities and it too much like ice elemental

Rune Name: Gem of J'thir
    Race: Elemental
    , Class: None, Size: 2x2, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : "A tall crystal pyramyd with sharp edges, mirror-like reflective sides with a blue-hue Jakei writing on it. On each side near the top there is a hole that goes all the way into it, on each side, this is where the air gets pulled into"
    Flavor-Text: "Some find it hard to resist the lure of gems, for they are truly, truly, outrageous to those with a mind focused on material things."
    Nora Cost:
    75-80 (Lumbering should justify lowering this around 75)

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    9, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 3, HP: 55

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Frost
    Elemental Fortitude
    Colossal
    Lumbering
    Arctic
    Grand entrance - when this unit is deployed closest opposing champion awestruck for 3 turns.
    Gem of J'thir - Freindly champions within 4 spaces with Attack:Frost gains Frost Acolyte for 2 turns

Upgrade Abilities
    Majestic 1/2
    Ice Cone 1-2-3

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

^ Btw i dont think anyone would like it if it had colossal and elemental fortitude, Just colossal is good 'nuff i reckon.

4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

A unit with Colosal, elemental fortitude, arrow eater, majestic/tough, 3 def, 65 hp (with faction bonus), for 75 nora. Is this how ST players think? No wonder they dont think ST needs nerfs LOL, just kidding. Now on the constructive side, im sorry man but i just cant understand how you justify this rune. You could give it immobile and it still would be over powered. If you give something majestic and arrow eater/tough that already makes it insanely over powered. The fact that its an elemental with a lot of def and HP is just crazy to me. Chickens advice makes it a bit better, but seriously Colossal as an ability needs a rework and ST already has a Colossal champion lol, your not satisfying any role, your making a MORE overpowered Vanguard.

5. Leadrz

Didnt see majestic i was thinking i must admit i think it's abilities overlap a little to much

@affrobong might be an idea to pick 1 defensive characteristic, and swap out arrow eater for absorb or drop colossal an majestic and keep arrow-eater(which would fit the rune).

6. affrobong

I'm cool with that, I'd be fine with just colossal so I'll edit this since now that you mention it it would be near 100% reduction verse those types with it.

I just figured since they seem to *want* to slap elemental fortitude on everything, like for example the crystal guardian, I figured they would want it here too.

I could remove lumbering but I assumed since it has lumbering and that has ZERO UPSIDE it would be justifyed to add another ability due to the DISABLE of lumbering.

Its damage is also very disabled, since this is aimed purely at being a damage absorbing frontlines and isnt meant to do damage, but rather lock up the enemy to keep them next to him.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. affrobong

Good suggestion.

I've put majestic and arrow eater on the same upgrade path, so you'll have to make a choice between what role you would rather it play.

Well first off vanguard does alot more damage then 7, I'm aiming to make this fill a ice golem alternative for a frontlines tank in a frost deck where you have *very* limited choices on what you can use for a frontlines ice eater that can actually take a hit from other damages.

For example:
    ~Crystal guardian has 2 def 7 attack but since his ice eater ability is on the same upgrade path as the blocks he feels extremely weak if you want to run ice eater on him since you don't have tough or physical resistance or any blocks/deflects.
    ~Ice golem is currently the best choice for your frontlines damage absorb unit, it takes 50% less damage from physical, nukes everyone for 14damage when it dies (more if you got any frost amp) and even returns damage to runes that hit it.
    ~yeti berzerker does some decent damage, however with only 1 def he is easly rip'd to shreads by the enemy and makes a really bad frontlines tank, his role is more of a fighter/warrior then a frontlines tank, even tho he does have ice eater.

These are really your only 3 choices for a meaningful frontlines ice eater, yes I know blizzard and some others also have ice eater but I'm talking about a champ meant to absorb damage and sit frontlines to lock people up so your ranged can do actual damage, so far the only choice we have in this is the ice golem and his two derpy friends who both cost more and do half the job.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Tough 2, Colossal and Majestic/Arrow eater on a champ with 3 defense is an absolutely not. I would drop the Ice Cone(Frost Cone) Upgrade Path for an upgrade path along the lines of.

Snow Blast
    Snow Strike
    Snow Shroud(was thinking of just giving it spellsurge:snowstorm here but a champ your making this tanky shouldn't have too much access to healing(given snowstorm isn't exactly a great spell.)).

Now back to the defensive abilities It could keep tough and 3 defense but would have to drop colossal. Another option would be dropping tough and keeping colossal and 3 defense(still kinda pushing it but it can be dealt with.).

Not really feeling the Majestic/ArrowEater Path because it then creates the issue of this champ being too tanky which was already accomplished by tough, 3 defense and colossal on base.

I'll get back to you when I think of some good replacements for this path.

Pulling Aura Don't make a new ability just go with fascinate it's 3 nora.

In regard to the poll, Yes I would use this champ. It's extremely tanky.

9. affrobong

Thanks for the suggestion, I knew there was an ability like that just didn't know the name, I'll change it to fascinate now.

Snow blast may be a decent idea since it would match the utility of trying to keep people tied up, since having impeding snow would help prevent people from getting away, I added that as a upgrade alternative.

Open question to anyone reading this:
    Since everyone seems to have issues with there being more then 1 Colossal in a faction, could this be traded for physical resistance 3 to make people okay with it?

10. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't know but he feels similar to Ice Elemental. Why not make it less boring, in your case the elemental is used to basically creepblock and become a meatwall. Why not make a more unique meatwall something like a Passive Puller tank. Since thats what ur aimin for. With Fascinate on base he feels like Crystal Dragon because he also has Fascinating Luminescence.

Why not give it something unique:

Gem of J'thir
    Savage Tundra
    Elemental
    , None, 2x2, Rare
    70-75 Nora

"Some find it hard to resist the lure of gems, for they are truly, truly, outrageous to those with a mind focused on material things."
    DAM: 0 SPD: 5, RNG: 1-1, DEF: 2, HP: 50

Passive
    Arctic Flight
    Frost Aura 3
    Damage Shield: Frost 3
    Bind
    Gem of J'thir - At the beginning of your opponent's turn, the nearest opposing champion within 5 spaces moves 3 spaces towards this unit.

Upgrade

Majestic 1 / Bulwark: Elemental / Freezing Aura
    Tough 2 / Endless Devotion / Ice Eater

So basically he's a:

1) Meatwall
    2) Non-basic attack damage dealer
    3) Pseudo Healer aura in ice eater/aco BGs.
    4) his build can go into diff decks: elemental devotion, frost amp, or goodstuff with majestic tough 2.

11. affrobong

Well I just figured the people running this game atm look like they're in over their heads so I'm doubting how likely a new unique ability is..... I actually think fasinate fills the role I'm looking for nicely but you do have a good point, I am aiming for it to be a creep blocker and to start with i was seriously debating having 5 damage or less but I didnt want people to think it was a elemental clone with a couple changes, I wanted it to fill its own role that I dont see the elemental ever filling as a frontlines unit holder.

I think the passive puller would actually be a good idea, I was flirting around with the idea of starting it like that with zero attack but didn't want people to say "oh but theres already the yeti ghost."

I really feel that arrow eater needs to be on here somewhere since
    #1 its a large sucking unit it should be able to suck in arrows no problem, or at least make sure they're not flying true at it.
    #2 without arrow eater people would just avoid this unit and would have zero reason to engage it.
    #3 having arrow eater forces people to kill it before moving on, that would be this units only use, so without arrow eater you remove its use by letting it get nuked by long range.

I do like the idea of bind on there and I feel it would be a better idea then the frost cone upgrade path, so I've replaced that with bind since it feels like it would fit this unit alot better, thanks for pointing that out.

I have also taken your advise and changed him into a 0 damage frontlines

I also put colossal back on in place of physical resistance since I feel it fits the unit better, I also looked up other colossal units and KF & SP both have two colossal units so all those people saying there is already a vanguard as if each faction can only have one colossal, isnt really a good point anymore when you realize KF and SP both already have two.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Leadrz likes this.
  12. KingJad

This unit now has 0 damage and you can now completely ignore it. All u need is a champ with immunity frost or iceater and just stick it in front of this guy and he is now useless.

13. affrobong

Lets be honest here a 5 dmg isnt anything really...

But if it has snow blast (phsysical) then it at least has that attack every two turns.

Aside of that not sure what else to suggest.. mobility maybe haha? that would prevent the enemy from locking it up, while locking things up itself.

Also Righteous Deflection may fit the mirror like thing I'm going for and wouldn't give it more damage like arrow eater, however it would fit the same role of preventing ranged people from nuking it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. KingJad

u a fan of 0 damage frost cones?

15. chickenpox2

lol blame redscarlet he like suggesting passive ability like a boss i think he thinking 10 steps ahead and change so it can be easily owned by his own bg

16. affrobong

Not really, thats why it has snow blast, for the extra impeding and the physical damage to nonartics.

17. KingJad

I don't think ur understanding this champ has a dead upgrade path... u are wasting 3 ability slots with frost cone for 0 damage.

18. Leadrz

I thought the snowblast was auto 14 dam to non artic

19. KingJad

Oops my mistake went back to look but didnt look at the correct champ.

20. chickenpox2

lol does this mean it can give righteous deflection or it has righteous deflection?
    also righteous deflection is stronger than arroweater please give it give evasive 2 instead