General Korsien Rework:

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

General Korsien
    NOW:
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 8
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 35
    • Race: Undead
    • Class: Knight
    • Base cost: 90
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Eternal This unit cannot be Sacrificed and is immune to Eviscerated and Chilled.
      • [​IMG] Dark Rider When this unit is destroyed, no nora globe is dropped and a normal sized General Korsien with Oblivion Shield and Chain Lightning is spawned in the location this unit occupied.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (5) [​IMG] Charge 3 This champion moves 1-3 spaces in a straight line through non-Impeding terrain and makes a close-combat attack at +3 DMG.
        • (6) [​IMG] Trample Whenever this champion moves by way of its normal movement, all opposing champions within 2 spaces take 2 damage.
        • (8) [​IMG] Crushing Charge This unit moves 1-5 squares in a straight-line to target unoccupied space. All champions in the path of this movement are knocked back 2 spaces to a random side. If a champion remains in the path, this champion stops moving.
      • 2 :
        • (10) [​IMG] Resistance: Physical 3 When this unit takes Physical damage, that damage is reduced by 50% (after DEF, rounded up).
        • (3) [​IMG] Resistance: Magical 1 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 20% (after DEF, rounded up).
        • (5) [​IMG] Tough 1 Any time this unit would take damage, it takes 1 less than normal.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    General Korsien
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 8
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 1-2
    • DEF: 2
    • HP: 35
    • Race: Undead
    • Class: Knight
    • Base cost: ~74-92
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Trample Whenever this champion moves by way of its normal movement, all opposing champions within 2 spaces take 2 damage.
      • [​IMG] Charge 3 This champion moves 1-3 spaces in a straight line through non-Impeding terrain and makes a close-combat attack at +3 DMG.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Dark Rider When this unit is destroyed, no nora globe is dropped and a normal sized General Korsien with Oblivion Shield and Chain Lightning is spawned in the location this unit occupied.
        • [​IMG] Perseverance Whenever this champion's health falls below 1, it loses Perseverance and it is Cleansed, it's current health is set to 1, and gains Impervious, Impenetrable, and Shielded until the end of turn.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Ride Down Target a champion with 20 or less HP within 3 spaces. This champion moves in a straight line through non-Impeding terrain and destroys that champion. This ability is on the attack chain.
        • [​IMG] Sweep All surrounding champions within 2 spaces take 8 Physical damage and are knocked back 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • [​IMG] Blitz This champion gets +1 DMG for 2 turns for each space it moves, to a maximum of 5.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

3. Redderrick

Any particular reason why not? he is kinda sandbagged by his rider ability and 99% of the time your opponent is running a direct counter to a rune of his type.Either way its hard to fit his high cost in over a rune with a higher chance of situational counter within the current meta.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  4. themacca

His rider ability both defines him, and is the best thing about him.

If you havent checked the stats on the rider are insane for a rider and he also gets oblivion shield and conqueror. It's extremely efficient nora to HP

Without even mentioning those stats on a unit without a rider would make it beyond worthless as well for a 70 nora champ

5. Redderrick

How do you figure? he still will be a good charger in-er with perseverance; And tbh perseverance inst a bad alternative to a high cost death spawn. Overall this only adds more to the different roles he can play in various bgs.

6. Redderrick

Also he will now be 1-2 ranged

7. themacca

with 8 damage. paying for more range is just worthless.

it is a bad alternative compared to a 50 hp high damage unit.

8. Redderrick

It means you can trample you enemies to death... then hit them hard from blitz, hes fairly op in a unique way, are you sure you are reading the abilities correctly?

9. themacca

Nope definitely reading them wrong. Not even sure what trample does tbh

10. Redderrick

ok, so what is your final aurgument... I think this version is significantly better in that it offers 2 different types of the same rune to be played in two different styles. He will still even keep his signature ability and will be pretty much exactly like before.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is not currently working, thus hurting him, but yeah, he is still a good champ.

Also, Redderrick, if you are going to edit your posts after the fact, at least make some note about it.

12. Redderrick

Sorry I revise them alot, I put a lot of thought into these re-designs and how they will preform in the current meta.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is great! If you could just put notes, maybe at the bottom of the main post, remarking when you change things from what to what, so that people's comments make sense as the thread develops.