Generalising abilities, as a matter of consistency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HardyGames32, Jun 11, 2015.

1. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Currently, there are abilities that are unique to champions or only few champions that aren't there for thematic reasons or designed specifically for a champion. With the generalisation of pulverize into power attack, which I assume was for consistency and simplification, should this not be applied to similar abilities?

For example, Yeti Icelord currently has a 12 nora ability called Blood Fury, which apparently has 3 ranks. I have never seen this ability before and it is only on Icelord. There is no apparent thematic reason for him to specifically have Blood Fury, so wouldn't it make sense to give him Blood Rage, a similar named and similar functioning ability to make things more consistent and simple?

Perhaps get a list going of things like this, and see if a change can be made. It would not be a difficult one to implement, and would assist new players in learning the game as well as making things a lot more simple.

@Sokolov @Moles @Wraith

Goyo, IMAGIRL and badgerale like this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I think this occurs in situations like designing runes or nerfing them. In designing, the devs have a new idea for a cool ability they're going to put on multiple champs, and then some of them get changed and this cool, slightly different ability is left on only one champ. Or, many people have it in the beginning, and then champs just get changed over time. (most notably the big revamp, where loads of different champs lost loads of different abilities).

3. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Blood Fury is on plenty of runes what are you on about?

Fentum likes this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I really like the tenor of this question. It made me laugh a lot. In a good way. It is kinda UD style querying!

7. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Man icelord looks good, might give him a spin

8. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Prophetic Balance