Getting back into UD

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Erenoth, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

So I'm a player from a long time ago getting back into the game and I've always been an UD player at heart. Trying to update my old collection into something more usable (although a surprising amount of it is still useful). I built a spider BG using the guide on here because I already had Klzik and it was easy to forge the rest by getting rid of duplicated stuff I didn't need, now I need to know what other (non core) staples UD BG's regularly use so I have a solid base to work off of.

Incidently, while looking into trading I came across poxbox fairly quickly. Could someone explain to me why the draksar broodling I have seems to be worth a ridiculous amount on there? I get that its limited but its such a bad rune. Probably gonna fund a few good runes for this though.

A couple other questions while I'm here, how do I change my avatars abilities? It said I got some new ones so I went to the rune manager but they don't seem to work like champions.
    What is the difference between the different difficulties of campaigns and what rewards do they give? I've tried searching but its been hard to find.
    Is the general chat always quite so... hostile?
    Should I join a guild? (Those are still a thing, right?) If so, what are the options and differences, benefits, ect?
    Anything else I should know?

If anyone wants to play a game, please let me know!

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Plenty of polite players around.

UD is perhaps thought to be a bit poor at the moment as their historical strength of high damage melee is often outclassed by new mechanics and abilities. Similarly, many ways to bypass arrow eater and so on.

My UD staples tend to be

Fading Recollection
    Shatter
    Sac or Ret

Demon Lich for alt damage, champ control, anti-fire. Just great utility.

Perhaps go with your spider deck to see where the gaps are vs other BGs. I'm no expert but I much prefer Arachnablades to Pritect the Nest due to immediacy and combo with multiattack.

Having a lot of fun recently with Goblin Collector powered by egg relics from Arachnablades and wearing cloak of long knives.

3. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

Thanks for the advice, seems like a lot of UD's core stuff hasn't changed much then since I already have more then half those runes. Probably take a bit to get the Demon Liches but if I do stick around for a while I think I'll get there.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Demonlich has been outclassed by Doombringers and gloombringers IMO just cheaper , higher dmg , same range

EDIT PA is a good guild to join to ask questions and get help from people like myself

5. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

The Doombringers look cool but a lot hard to get a hold of.

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Demon Lich I run for utility. Magic damage, Set ablaze, cleanse. Options for alt damage and champ control which sit outside the attack chain. Fire eater and boon of the undead help vs fire and disease. All in all a good versatile, if expensive, rune.