Ghern Helm + Cultural Contamination

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by kalasle, Jun 7, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Anyone messed around with this before? It does work, and it seems to work pretty well. Makes for a solid 50 nora power turn most of the time. Leader also stays if the helm goes. Used this on a Slinger at one point for instant Overseer and a bunch of free attacks.

Related, any extremely important includes for Moga? I figure a Cyc Shaman is necessary so you don't fold to FW -- any other standout champs or spells?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've messed around with it a bit, it's a great surprise factor rune at the moment because nobody expects people to be running it.

Also, Strength in Numbers works on everything that has the same race as whatever you use it on, but counts everything as one race in the case of multiple races, so you can use it on something with both race G'hern and Moga (for example, mogahern destroyer or a moga with g'hern helm) to give a stronger benefit to all your dudes.

Alsoalso, don't forget about Moga Rumble Pack. Vivify is a great ability in a deck like this, and the +1 spd to mogas is great, too, on some of the beefier or higher range guys (Dirge, Slinger, etc).

3. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sounds like too much hard work. sappers go boom boom and were done. :D

On a more serious note, i have been considering switching out my scarecrow for a Helm, but the scarecrows pretty cool

*edit* FW you pretty much gotta beat fast, i don't think its worth running shaman just to counter UT

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

FW is indeed a hellish matchup, I'd guess it's pretty much the reason you wouldn't run moga in a competitive environment. Shaman hoses out UD and a couple other BGs well enough though, so it's probably worth it. Also, you can Helm it.

If you are already running Contamination, I really think a 1x Helm will do you huge favors, just from looking at it. That's just an insane amount of free AP.

5. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't use contamination that much at the moment tbh