G'hernbound vs Boost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, Jul 10, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Based on Poxbase, Overseer: Moga is 1/3/5 nora for ranges 4/5/6.
    G'hernbound is -8 nora for a -3 DMG, -1 speed when not in range of overseer.

All SP moga except for Cavernkeeper, Dirge, Feshcaller Mika, Firebomber, Moga Cannon, and Moga Razor have g'hernbound. For the sake of this discussion, I'd like to ignore them. Doing so, another way to think about it is Overseer: Moga gives all moga within the range +3 DMG, +1 speed.

Boost: is 6/8/10 nora for ranges 4/5/6, but the benefit increases also, +1 DMG, +6 HP/+2 DMG, +6 HP/+3 DMG, +6 HP, +1 DEF.

Just looking through the moga, not doing actual math, it appears that the average damage is 8, and the average speed is 6. Average nora cost is around 45. Effectively an average damage of 5 and speed 5 with a nora cost of 37.

Given the large number of possibilities for Overseer, I feel that either Overseer is under priced or g'hernbound's discount is too much. It seems like Boost champs the main draw is Boost, while Overseer is a benefit beyond the other abilities that a champ has.

I don't play PvP often, so I don't know if Moga are meta right now, I'm just looking at this from a numbers perspective.

2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Someone in my guild was saying the exact samething but I am not sure if it is right to nerf g'herns at this point.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

G'herns may be good where they're at, which would mean of the two, the g'hernbound ability is the one that should be adjusted, if they are indeed off compared to other abilities.

4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

actually before SoE mogas lost all non-autoattack abilities besides ghernbound when not within range of overseer as well as a stat debuff.

5. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

They did

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They definitely did.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

they 100% did.

8. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

[quote="darklord48, post: 64026,

All SP moga except for Cavernkeeper, Dirge, Feshcaller Mika, Firebomber, Moga Cannon, and Moga Razor have g'hernbound. For the sake of this discussion, I'd like to ignore them. Doing so, another way to think about it is Overseer: Moga gives all moga within the range +3 DMG, +1 speed[/quote]
    that's not how this works and Since the last patch made moga unplayable I don't see the point in beating a dead horse and then setting the corpse on fire

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

look at this neb bein salty bout that sp

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

So in SP unplayable = not stupidly OP. Got it.

11. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Unplayable means the same thing in every faction

SaintKiwi likes this.
  12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ghernbound discount looks ok, -1 speed is huge. Overseer looks too cheap too, but since is one full upgrade path for almost all the gherns, they better get reworked before changing it.
    Also, another key thing is that is very important that ghernbound is a negative ability, because that means that lots of mogas have 6 speed base and that prevents the usage of vitalize on them, if overseer were a plain boost with +1 speed and mogas were reduced the stats, they would be more powerful, and also, more splashable, so it would be an interesting design choice to remove ghernbound and make overseer match boost abilities with +1 speed.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think it used to be -20 or something before they changed it

14. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

To keep it short: moga get penalized for not being in G'hern range, the other races get stronger when in range of their boosters. The problem is not the interaction or the cost of the abilities but the general efficiency of cheap units, and I heard they are going to fix that.

15. Hardes13

Hardes13 New Member

aaawwwww gherm bound vs Boost diskussions^^
    sweet memories^^

16. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Thats why its ghernbound and not ghern boost..