Giving away Dragonkin BG

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by arimaaspi, Aug 16, 2015.

1. arimaaspi

arimaaspi Member

Hi again,
    as mentioned up here, I'm giving away 1 solid Dragonkin BG to a rookie but a promissing player. So post a comment here why would you need to be given a deck and we'll see, I'll consider to whom I'll give the deck in a few hours, don't have a sure time limit.
    I'm leaving the game, but have a feeling of need to give something back to the game that gave me some good times and which I respect. Also in honour of GabrielQ who gave me also a good starter deck a few Years ago when I started to play. DD.JPG
    Good luck, you all.
    A.

InGaXyntoxi likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I would certainly hold onto it for a short while before u decide which newbie to give it to, someone will inevitably make or use an alt and try and blag you. Greedy people still play Pox sadly, despite super low player base. Props on the generosity though, i like your style.

Engleberry and Pattn199 like this.
  3. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I would post this in the Training Grounds section of the forums so that new players are more likely to see it. Great to see someone giving runes to newer players!

4. arimaaspi

arimaaspi Member

thanks guys,
    just trying to help the newbies, played a few online games with great and positive community (one of them poxnora off course), and think that thats something to care for. I'm just doing a normal and minimalistic thing and trying to preserve the community a bit.
    True, I hope some greedpeddlers don't make their move :mad:. Will see how it works for now, maybe I'll have more giveaways. If anyone wants, they can also comment how to upgrade the deck later or play it properly, I wouldn't go in details, think I'm not so good to do that :rolleyes:

5. InGaXyntoxi

InGaXyntoxi New Member

I would love to have a good BG to start playing with! I myself found this game through Steam a few months back, did the tutorial, loved the idea and googled some BGs to start off with.
    Invested some money in a Trees BG, got *****, and quit the game.
    Got back into it a week ago, met some awesome players who are willing to teach me the ins and outs (thanks again DoubtOfBuddha) but my BGs arent that great in the current meta.
    I don't have the resources to pay for a competitive BG, and by the time I'm done grinding for one it'll be weeks if not months later.

My ultimate goals is to be able to do 2v2 with people I meet ingame and have a blast.
    I did consider just deforging my trees deck and forging a new one, but I doubt it'll get anywhere better than what I currently run.

6. Anima26

I certainly wouldnt destroy your tree deck for shards bro, someone will help you out ;)
    Let us know what youre looking to play and im sure a few us can rustle up some runes for a bg for you. I know i dont mind personally, im always getting free shards from daily/skirmish rewards and packs.

7. InGaXyntoxi

InGaXyntoxi New Member

I don't really know myself, I like most thematic BGs in this game... I just want to play something that is cheap to make but still competitive if played right.

8. arimaaspi

arimaaspi Member

I pretty much agree with Anima26, i lived on daily skirmishes, they're not so bad, just keep doing them and try to invest in your primary deck, can't be so bad if you bought the runes anyway?! So what runes in general would You need, or what deck would you like to build in future? Also did you try to see what your runes are worth on poxbox?!

9. InGaXyntoxi

InGaXyntoxi New Member

I tend to lose my skirmish games :( and when I made the Treemen group I had just randomly seen them in action on youtube, so I randomly guessed what remaining runes were in and just yolo bought them. Honestly I really don't know what BG I want to make in the future because I kinda like all of them.
    Generally I'm just learning the game at this point, with the runes that I have, so maybe in the nearby future I can make a good pick on what to play.

10. Anima26

Add me in game, Anima26 and ill help you out with a gold farming deck. Just type /help in game to see commands, then type /buddy add anima26 then u can see when im online and whisper me etc.

I would definitely hold onto your Treefolk deck, i highly doubt itll be worth sharding it all, you will probably end up with half the runes u had to begin with and certainly not enough to make a deck straight away. I would just put the Tree deck "in the garage" for now and start building your secondary deck (whatever u want that to be)

I only play Sundered Lands and Forglar Swamp myself so i can only speak for those factions, but i feel like Draksar, Skeezick and Poison can all be made on relatively low budget, you can then add to it down the line with more valuable runes as you obtain 'em. Dragons can be made on a reasonable budget too but a couple of the ranged dragons (Imperator, Eminent and Kwing Alphas) are expensive so youll have to make do with just Vindrax, Flame Dragoleeches and Agitators. On plus side, Broodqueen got Invig back so Forbidden Fruits are back on the menu :)

I feel like im rambling now as i just woke up so ill leave it at that and say think about what deck youd like to play and keep that Tree deck, Treefolk are cool as firk. :)

Edit: Try the free training pvp decks and see if you like any of them, if u havent already. Thats not a bad way to try out some decks without having to obtain any of the runes. And spectate people playing too, youll be able to see decks in action and maybe itll inspire you to pick your next deck. It also helps to watch more experienced players play, i learn a lot from spectating.

11. InGaXyntoxi

InGaXyntoxi New Member

Ive been looking at Forglar Swamp a bit, and I kinda like all the themes they are running.

What would you advice for a cheap starting BG that I can farm together in a week or 2??

The Snaptooth and the Boghoppers look okey, the Tortun aren't really my taste and the Salamander and Firk don't really appeal to me.
    The floating jellyfish are too expensive to start with, or so I've been told.

EDIT: Also I've been told the Voil are a great and cheap Theme to start learning to play Poxnora with. Is this true?

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Snaptooths are expensive to start with. Jellebrium are not too expensive, but they are also not really competitive at the moment. The cheapest FS themes to start with are probably poison, boghoppers, firk, or meta. Though all of them have more budget and less budget options.

Voil are similar.