Gladiator; Or how the Internet ruins stories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dagda, May 4, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

So last night I watched Gladiator for, presumably, the first time. So far as I know, I haven't seen it or any part of it with sound before.

Why does he specify "with sound", you ask? Because regardless of the fact that it was the first time I'd seen it, I felt like I recognized almost every scene. I would not be in the least surprised if some devoted person has made a soundless version of Gladiator, comprised entirely of properly sequenced and subtitled gifs.

Because that's more or less what was running through my head for the duration of the movie.

In conclusion, y'all can eat a djork

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Were you not entertained?

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

When I look back at Gladiator I realise that it twas truly a Bane Shift movie.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I was entertained, although it's worth noting that Crowe is easily the best part of the movie, the action scenes are mostly pretty wonky, most to all of it is cliched or stereotyped, and it's generally not well acted to boot

Was it a summer blockbuster or something

5. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I always thought this was tje most overrated movie ever. Good, but I cant see what people see in it.

6. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Ever? That's a very big statement in the world of Twilight and The Rock.

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Or Titanic.

8. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Or anything Adam Sandler.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If I gave you 5 dollars every time you gave me 1 dollar, would you do it?

This movie is not a type for the critical artsy nerd. It was a first in its kind. Braveheart, Matrix and others showed us you can make profits with behemoth 100 mil budgets, but The Gladiator showed us that audiences were willing and eager to spend money on roman history era content.

Basically, it was the reason that movies like Troy and 300, if you liked them, could get funding without Crowe-weighted names on the cover (the latter) or exist at all.

It has its place. It's fairly enjoyable but mostly a cash cow for the players.