Glorious Gnomes Games

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Gnomes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

5. yuore

yuore The King of Potatoes

Excelent post

Gnomes likes this.
  6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Gnomes, I already subscirbed to your channel and watched every video. Looking for new content, as I can't install the game, so at least I can watch with much pleasure. You commentary is really great

guokamoli54 and Gnomes like this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Than
    Thanks a lot for the kind words :) im glad you enjoy, hopfully you can play soon again too :)

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

yuore likes this.
  9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Cool video. Nice to have the commentary. Where I think I could go better was that I could leave furry hat (it gives iron will aoe) to the topfont contester (I thought of him moving into my font but didnt expect to get cliffed Bane Shift hurts :/) and shouldn't have left swift current so close when I had so little time to do a turn (i looked at the timer at it was 10 seconds after I had a plan). Also, I don't run northern wind discipline yet, because its usually hard to position the monks and there is a lot of spell protection nowadays. In this case mika should have had weaken spells. Then after I engaged he snowballed with double summons.

Gnomes likes this.
  10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Trashgod still a total joke i see

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

hows Thailand treating you?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

do people not run DB? what on earth

17. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

This was my question watching and playing against the top SL players in game. And I'm fairly certain the answer is no. Never seen it. They favour quickening (only rarely seen), however more so they favour the smaller power turn spells such as enslave and quicken since a lot of the time it does the same job of killing one or two extra champs for a lesser price. Also it could be the current map pool as DB was especially good on larger and terrain restricting maps verses the primarily mid font maps we see here.

Also due to the hugely aggressive UD meta if you want to not get stomped every game vs that faction most decks are melee tank/beater oriented (at least thats why I think they are that way) and DB was probably better on your ranged beaters anyways.

Also SL lategame is pretty sick without DB with skywing screecher and transmission relay.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

look at the halfgod/tiny game. go to 16:30 for the most obvious view

if halfgod had DB that turn, he would have nearly boardwiped and won the game. also, SL was very rarely a range-dominated faction. part of the strength of DB was that it helped your plethora of melees actually get into position to attack. the rest of the game has always had incredibly aggressive decks, that's never been a good reason to not run DB. even the cost increases its taken don't mean a whole lot- if you can cast one spell to win the game, it rarely matters what the expense of that spell actually is unless it's so prohibitively high that you actually can't cast it.

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I don't disagree I think it's wrong to not include it. If I played SL I'd run DB every time but I'm just trying to think of potential reasons why they don't.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty