Gold discounts for boxes don't make a lot of sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zenity, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

tumblr_mv0l0u8FCu1spy7ono1_500.gif

i trow this gif:p

Monyx likes this.
  2. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

You are missing the point, the point is that you _want_ players to be junkies. I know this sounds horrible, but that's how you make a successful game. Asking players for abstinence... good luck with that. :) Ultimately it's about balance. Yes players should be junkies, but at the same time you want players to feel good about the time they spend on your game. If they feel that they are rewarded with a deep and challenging gaming experience, then this is not as evil as it sounds. This is particularly important for Pox Nora because it takes such a long time to properly get into the game and become even reasonably competitive. Anything you can do to make that time more enjoyable is a win for everyone involved.

To get players hooked, you want to keep them in a constant state of delight. A pack every couple of days is a great way to do that. A box every month or so... not so much.

Regarding the guaranteed exotic, I don't believe that this is a big deal. You will still receive an exotic by average every ten packs. Yes it is a little extra boon for those who pay, but that isn't exactly a bad thing.

Of course you could also go for a compromise and simply make boxes exactly ten times as expensive as a pack. I don't think that would be the best option, but it would still be better than the current situation.

Another compromise would be to make boxes for gold only available for level 99 players. Once you reach that level you are probably hooked to the game already, so it's not as important anymore.

3. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

1 majority prefer possibility to chose between more option better user response

2 then make the 10pack gold/money cost like the box

3 yes is a big deal some aren't luky and that let them do trade and get stuff on their own especialy if new and as % you can't be sure it will happen on contrary

4 you mast be trolling shark, better for you and your kind XD

5 despise im a level 99 free to play was made to atract new players !!
    In the end i think you prefer trade with few players than have alot of player play the game, you don't realize strenght is in number and those new players getting that 1 exo guaranty permit you too do more trade and it keep them happy cause they have somthing of value that can let them make the deck they want faster, happy customers bring their friend too etc that if you want a comunity to grow if not well you will log and see 20 player online trading not even playing

4. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

To be fair, I think he's making a valid point, not a "shark" point... that's just unfair.

Disagree by all means, but I think his intentions are fair and with some merit.

Zenity likes this.