Gold disparity between single and multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Is looking at the current system used here on the list?

I just mean that a lot more people are playing single player than multiplayer, simply because I gives a higher gold/minute ratio.

Would be nice to get it balanced out so both are viable options for gaining gold. I dislike playing multiplayer and feeling like I am being inefficient.

I don't think the repetitive part of the game should be efficient and the fun part should be inefficient.

I'm not against AI being efficient for gold, but it needs to become less repetitive (more fun ^^).

Multiplayer just needs to be more efficient for gold/time.

Multiplayer dailies might be a start.

Or a daily gold boost (+50% gold until you earn X gold) for both single and multiplayer, so it's worth going in and doing both.

2. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

The single player campaigns are the most awful thing I have ever played. I am amazed that people actually play them, I can pretty much get through the daily games, pretty much.

Part of me thinks that the dudes who can play them, deserve every scrap of gold they get.

But yeah, I'd love to see a selection of items, per day, that gave gold "bonus"

i.e

Play Daily games
    Play a Multiplayer game (minimum x-turns)
    Craft a rune

etc... etc...

You know the score, so many games do it.

Also,

Add daily log in / play bonus.

3. Fikule

yeah, but they should play single player because they make it fun, not because of the efficiency :p

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree, daily quest for the first multiplayer wins would make more sense, and grinding single player should never be more efficient than playing against others (assuming a 50% win ratio). It's good to have the single player options, but if ever somebody plays those over multiplayer only because it's more efficient, then something is wrong.

5. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

sounds good to me.......i like the idea of % gold per minute......also i noticed a vast improvement to the amount of gold i receive from playing multiplayer now vs with SOE....its much better.

6. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

I don't really think anything should be lowered. I.e. don't lower gold from single player just to encourage people to play multiplayer. I think you need to look at this from a new player perspective as well. I happen to fall under that category and let me tell you...I would NEVER even think about going near multiplayer anytime soon. So if I was pushed to simply play multiplayer, I'd play this game a lot less. I'm not going to lie, if they made a 'get your daily multiplayer win' quest, I honestly don't think I'd be able to get it. I know there are others like me, who just want to do some PvE for a while then maybe after we can make our first semi-competitive BG we'll try our luck in the training grounds. But even then, I've seen people talking about 'farming' training grounds using super competitve decks and what not. What new player wants to fight that? Until we have more new people who can learn by battling each other, I most likely won't step foot in multiplayer.

That being said, I do think they should give those who play multiplayer matches equivocal GPM (gold per minute) to single player content.

7. Fikule

Never said make single player give less. I said they need to make single player more fun so it isn't as grindy.

If you would never get the multiplayer win daily, you haven't lost anything, the people who play multiplayer have just gained something ^^. And yeah, I think the gold rate for multiplayer should just match single.

Also Training Grounds is pre-constructed decks vs other pre-constructed decks. If they have a good deck, you can get it too :)

8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Some campaigns can be interesting you would be surprised.

9. Fikule

Yes, but "some" isn't the entirety of the single player experience.

I imagine when the AI is improved and campaigns are tightened up it might be more fun overall. But single player also needs some tweaking on gold tbh, not making it give less, but making it give the same for the time you play regardless of the campaign.

Right now there are just certain campaigns you play for gold and that's pretty much it.

10. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

+1 for rewarding more gold in ranked play.

11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

This made me smile!

I'm ok with any changes that imply increasing PvP gold returns but NOT lowering Single Player gold returns (yep, I'm a bit of a PvE player myself!)

12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

pls no me no like multi me only singel playr pls dont

13. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I've not been in the new TG yet, but I thought you could only use "public decks"? If that's the case, I'd give it a shot for sure, you'll learn alot more about the game and most players are helpful if they know you're learning.

With regards to the gold - No way should it be REDUCED for single player, you're correct in that it helps new players build their decks. BUT, there could/should be an incentive to get more people playing ranked, it would be good for the game.