Gorgon Sister

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IMAGIRL, Nov 22, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Gorgon Sister or Lamia Sister (If you want to stick with Pox naming.)
    Faction: UD Preference. If necessary however, UD/SL would be fine.
    Race:
    Demon Class: ? Size: Small Rarity: Exo+
    Artwork
    : Essentially the 3 Gorgon Sisters, with recurve bows.
    Flavor-Text: ?
    Nora Cost: ?

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    ?, SPD: ? , RNG: 2-3, DEF: ?, HP: ?

Champion Abilities
    Attack Poison:
    (Because Attack: Poison Arrow doesn't exist. -_-)
    Petrifying Gaze
    Sibling
    Wolf Pack
    : I'd really like to have the Wolf Pack deploy 2 versions of this unit. I'm not sure what that entails coding wise.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Pawn (Default)
    Shrinking Gaze

Poisonburst

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Warrior Foe (Default)

A few notes:

• BG Limit 1. Basically you deploy this unit, and get the 3 Gorgon Sisters. Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale.
    • The 2-3 range is important. Most depictions of the Gorgons have them as Archers, but I wanted her to be able to make use of her attacks within the range of Petrifying Gaze. In addition Perseus is a Warrior. Which adds to the close range fighting as indicated by the video below, and justifies the Warrior Foe Ability in her UP2.
    • Pawn/ Shrinking Gaze and UD's innate anti-range will go far to make her limited range a limited issue.
    • Used Redcap Twins & Mysian Lamia as a base.
    • Titan Quest Cinematic Opening as a teaser for this rune.
    • Warning! I Just rewatched the video, and her upper torso is not fully covered. Mature Content. You've been warned.

Tweek516, mortal ix, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Gorgon Sisters
    Faction: Underdepths & Sundered Lands
    Race: Demi-God | Class: Archer, Warrior | Size: Small | Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: Three snake-haired and scaly sisters stand at the entrance of a temple. Each of them stand ready for battle with a recurve bow. Each of the sisters is wearing a different color tunic (Yellow, Purple, and Red).
    Flavor-Text: "Three sisters, alone and weak. Three sisters, united and strong." -Inscription found on a long abandoned temple
    Deck Limit: 3
    Nora Cost: ???

Champion Stats

DMG: 6 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 2-3 | DEF: 1 | HP: 36

Champion Abilities

Attack: Poison- This unit makes a Poison attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Gorgon Bond- When a champion of the same name is within 4 spaces of this unit, this unit gets +2 RNG and Bravery. This effect does not stack.
    Leverage: Demi-G0d- When this unit is deployed from the runedock, the next Demi-God you deploy from the runedock cost 10 less nora for 3 turns. This effect does not stack.
    Sibling- When you have a champion in play with the same name as this one, this champion gains +1 DEF, +1 SPD, +3 DMG, and +5 HP. When this champion is deployed, any non-revealed champions with the same name are revealed in your rune dock. This effect does not stack.
    Strength of Sisters- If this champion is the first Gorgon Sister it has Defender. If this champion is the second Gorgon Sister it has Commander. If this champion is the third Gorgon Sister it has Boost. While three or more Gorgon Sisters are in play, all Gorgon Sisters gain two ranks of Regeneration and two ranks of Poison.

Upgrade Path I

Enduring Aura 5- Damage to friendly champions within 3 spaces is reduced by 3. This effect does not stack.
    Scale Armor-
    This champion takes 25% less damage (after DEF) from attacks.
    Tough 2- Any time this champion would take damage, it takes 2 less than normal.

Upgrade Path II

Petrifying Gaze- This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-3. If damaged, the target becomes Petrified for 4 turns. CD: 5, AP: 2
    Poisonburst- This champion makes an attack at RNG 1-3 for 10 Poison damage. If successfully damaged, the target is knockbacked 3 spaces, then the target and enemy champions within 2 spaces of the final destination become Poisoned for 3 turns. CD: 3, AP: 4
    Stab- This champion makes a Physical melee attack against target champion. CD: 3, AP: 1

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Xirone

Removed.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sigh, it would appear I miss communicated.

5. Xirone

Sorry, I'll take down my suggestion. I didn't mean to clutter up your thread!

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Shouldn't they be FW since they are closer to undead than demons

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

No, no, no. It wasn't you. Just depressed today. Please put it back up. I always enjoy your work.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In what world? They're still alive mate.

9. Xirone

Well, if you insist.

Also, I was thinking about the Wolf Pack coding and really the only problematic part is the +DMG buff they receive. The deploy part, I believe, is pretty straightforward. As such something like the following could work for your version...

Gorgon Sisters- When this champion is deployed, 2 identical Gorgon Sisters are summoned adjacent to it. This champion has an effective nora cost of 0 while in play.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The damage buffs were actually apart of the design. Similar to your flavor text. "Three sisters, alone and weak. Three sisters, united and strong." As you kill em, they get progressively weaker, and weaker. Both Sibling & Wolf pack would be affected as nothing would be there to trigger them. Where as if they're 3 separate runes, you only need 2 to keep both buffs up, and it's far easier to redeploy them.

As for the ability it self. As far as I my understanding of it goes, it's not an ability so much as multiple abilities working together behind the scenes. Senshu told me it's essentially using loopholes to get the job done. No clue what that entails.

Your hopes of having them from 50-60 each sin't going to happen with all the all the free stats going around. Also I dislike Leverage: X, Typically the runes with that on them would already be that much cheaper if they didn't have it on them in the first place. Note: That my previous statement only applies when your trying to deploy the same rune again. Using Leverage: Beast as an example. It costs 4 nora to save you 10 nora. So on your first deploy you pay 4 nora to save 6 nora on your second deploy. Where as if you didn't have leverage, you'd save 4 nora on both deploys. Resulting in 2 saved with, and 8 saved without. However if you were to deploy a rune without leverage afterward then you'd actually see a more positive result. Except here, the goal is to deploy 3 Gorgon sisters. Which defeats the purpose.

Gorgon Bond - while a noteworthy ability - is going to be a pain to cost properly. Essentially its +2 rng and Bravery. Bravery which by Poxbase is already 5 nora for 15 in stats. An +2 rng is going to be ~9. So would be say 9+15 / 9+5, or instead of double discounting bravery use a different forumla? While at the same time keeping in mind that it's a useless ability unless you've payed 60-80+ nora more to deploy another unit to trigger it. Do we cost it for before, or after deployment? Before hinders it's potential, and after essentially makes it free cause we put the cost on the runedeploy itself, and not the abilities effect.

As for your version of the Brubaker ability. I really like it. Unfortunately I see you balanced it by making their race Demi-God. While excessively flavorful it also limits their access to UD's primary anti-range which was to support their kit of extreme control in their limited range. I'm a bit uncertain in how I feel about this. Love the flavor, dislike that prevents full use of their kit at the appropriate range for it.

UP 1
    Enduring Armor is going to drive the cost through the roof. It's better than both choices below. Also, they also aren't tanks.
    Scale Armor, and Tough don't fit the Archer theme. They're glass cannons using control methods to deal with the situation, not plate armor, and rhino skin.

UP 2
    Petrifying Gaze on an upgrade is a no no. Flavor always goes on base. It's the essence of the rune itself.
    Poisonburst / Stab -- Correct me if I'm wrong, but Stab is on the attack chain, where Poisonburst isn't. Why would I take stab if I can use PB in the the same manner + knock them back to combo with other runes/terrain, then just follow up with a regular attack for 1 less ap then the regular chain instead of +2ap on the chain. 4+4, instead of 4+5... Also, stab doesn't work with Petrifying Gaze.

Some notes, and thoughts on your design.

Edit: Sibling & Strength of Sisters is basically the same ability.

Xirone likes this.
  11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I was going to say that exact thing as well

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I feel like I'm being a bit obstinate.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty