Greetings all.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lux, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Lux

Lux New Member

Hello to all, First off i'd just like to say that i'm new to Poxnora, Learning the ropes and i'm very much so interested in this game from what i've seen so far. I love the whole concept behind Poxnora and I feel like there's nothing really out there like it.

I'm writing here on the forums as I would like to get to know the community and perhaps befriend some people within the game. If anyone could perhaps help me too, I'd like to learn more about the game from a Veteran if anyone is willing, Strategies, Tips anything that I could learn from and improve my game/knowledge of Poxnora I would really appreciate.

It's hard starting as a Newbie, I'm trying to build up a deck of my own runes but yet i'm not sure if I want to invest in the game yet so I'm just grinding gold and opening a pack every 2-3days so if anyone is willing to help me with that i'd appreciate that too although not needed.

Anyway, I hope to fit in the community and get to know some familiar faces around the Forums.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Hello, man. Its 2 AM here, so I'm gonna go sleep for now, but tomorrow I'll be there for you if you want. But I am sure a dozen helpful people will beat me to it :)

Did you already check out the Training Grounds subforum? Lots of nice people including the incomparable KTCAOP there.

3. Lux

Lux New Member

Okay great! Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to check it out.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sup you

5. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Woooo, welcome to pox!

I am not on very often do to work schedule and other various activities, but, I am a veteran, and love making BG's. I also have a post over in the training ground forums about tutoring for PVP. But feel free to ask any questions here, or PM's, or try and co-ordinate a time to be on at the same time to do some skirmishing.

The community is kind of like a small village of crazy people, some of us bite, bark, smell, but we are all pretty harmless, and generally helpful. Lots of flavorful and generally good folks here. A lot of us have been playing this game with each other for almost 6-8 years, so we are pretty comfortable about getting vocal and "open" with each other. Flaming and trolling that can be taken on a personal level, but also the adverse of that, genuine friends that you can grab a beer or go to a show with.

As far as gameplay, thousands of hours worth of fun in grinding, getting new decks (rune pools ftw), and in some cases a funnel from your wallet, is all part of the experience. PVP is where it is at, and don't take losing as a bad thing. These days I do more losing than winning, but I build weird/thematic BG's by the dozens, so it's fun to me.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what is it like having a nerd like garen for a brother

7. Lux

Lux New Member

Lux > Garen

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

doesn't answer the question tho

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Welcome to Pox good to see some new faces around, been playing for nigh on 8 years now myself. If you see me online feel free to hit me up with any questions or queries you may have.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

axe is a noob, ask maxcyrus instead

11. Lux

Lux New Member

Thank you guys.:p
    I'd appreciate any help. I'm trying out different decks. Not too sure what I'm doing to be honest but I think i'll make an UD deck. If you guys have any ideas of what are the essentials for an UD build, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I was wondering if Sheoul Demon is any good.:rolleyes:

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Oh man I get to ramble about UD Bane Shift now? Here goes!

He's pretty good and I recommend him for a early start in UD, until you find something better. Horrific aura makes him a good initiator (and you can try to trick opponent by going in first and not activating it right away). His only downside is the nora cost, but otherwise a great beater for UD with a good amount of hp.

as for UD bg's, deep elf are pretty top right now in themes (but I like bok even though they're not really a theme, apparently...).

x2 sacrifice and maybe a retribution in place of one sac, don't waste time with fading recollection, orb of protection if you need anti ranged/or breath of ash. PRICE OF VICTORY FTW. I don't really know what every other UD players stance is on this, but I love pillars of flame over fire blast since it's cheaper and can block a enemies movement. Mandate of sheoul to maybe save a champ or buff his attack. Demon shield is ok, but now a days it'll probably be shattered asap. Masochism is good for defense sometimes if you have a champ you can spare. Baneshift for cleanse. Maddening echos x1 just in case your opponent ****s up. Shatter for shattering. Superiority is the god of AOE. If you don't run that much range then mindslicer is pretty great for Firking with enemy ranged.

Undertortise + molten cloak. That is all.

Lux likes this.
  13. Lux

Lux New Member

Thank you very much sir, This was a great help. I got most of the runes you stated, I shall try them out. :D