Gremlin - UD Goblin/Imp - Proximity debuffs

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Apr 10, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Gremlin
    Underdepths

Race: Goblin, Imp (not a Demon)
    Class: Rogue

Flavor Text:
    Anyone with much to lose won't go near a Gremlin, which makes Gremlins rather resentful of people who have something to lose. It's a vicious cycle, really.

Gist:
    Proximity debuffing and ability removal. Evasive 3 forces foes to get in close to effectively attack, but being close to the Gremlin puts the attacker in danger of extended cooldowns, losing abilities, and losing HP and DEF. So the Gremlin embodies the spirit of both Goblins and Imps: mischief, mayhem, and general aggravation.

DMG: 9
    SPD: 7
    DEF: 0
    RNG: 1
    HP: 45

Attack: Magical
    Evasive 2
    Mischief
    Jinx (passive)

Enemy champions within 3 spaces have Ponderous and are Confused.

Upgrades:
    Escape
    Hit and Run
    Restraining Aura
    Wicked Aura 1

Why the build?
    I want proximity-based debuffs to be a real, fundamental aspect of Goblins and Imps. These creatures smell awful, are irreverent, make lots of noise, and are reckless. Nobody should ever want to be anywhere near them, ever. Period. So, this unit discourages moving in close with lots and lots of short-range muck.

Why is it a Goblin and Imp?
    The art and feel of Bane Shift got me thinking about the real core of Imps, which got me thinking of Goblins. I came to this conclusion that the two races are pretty much the same in their lust for meddling, and the king of meddling is arguably the Gremlin. So, here's a unit that fits nicely into either theme, both in flavor and in build.

Why is it not a Demon?
    With Jinx alone, the unit is extremely dangerous at close range (presuming you have backup nearby). Evasive 2 allows a foe to whack away with at least some hope of avoiding that danger. Demon Shield would be too much on him, and -- anyway -- he is half-Goblin, so, nothing says he has to be a Demon just because he's half-Imp.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

based on typical mythology this champ is also ideal for including shatter on base or any other type of anti-equipment ability. awesome concept btw although restraining and wicked auras are pretty auto compared to the other choices. escape might not be a bad choice though the more i think about it.

3. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Against melee foes, wouldn't Hit and Run be arguably better than Wicked Aura 1? I would personally take Hit and Run and Restraining Aura... it would force the foe to chase me, which draws things out. Restraining Aura + Wicked Aura turns him into an extremely powerful, yet more gankable, AoE debuffer.

Oh, PS: I had Shatter on him... then Swordbreaker. I think Swordbreaker feels better on him, but I didn't want to overload him with abilities. (?)