griffon sigil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ujelly, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Unless something has change Morins isnt undercosted for what it is supposed to do. It just does more than it states.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

20n is pretty low for continuous healing.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I would consider a 20 nora, 20 hp, spot divine favor 3 at range 8, cooldown 4 relic to be undercosted.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It's supposed to cost 5 nora on activation, I don't think its currently costing nora to activate. This is probably the issue.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's not supposed to cost 5 nora. It was originally designed differently.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Description has a much smaller AoE thus why I said it does more than it states.

Ballballer likes this.
  7. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Re: Perch will probably go up to 25 or 30, or have Motivate removed.

Re: Morin's Corner, I didn't know this was bugged so much, will look into it

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  9. Sokolov

So Morin's Corner's description is dramatically wrong, but the ability itself is the following (and appears to be functionality as described):

Area Effect 2, Range 8: Friendly champions are healed for 12 HP. (CD: 4)

So this heals in an AE2 with a base reach of 8, so similar to Frost Cone or some such in terms of mechanics/range. It's not quite the same as healing for 12 at RNG 8 (if it was doing that I'd probably just ban it immediately).

The RNG on this thing basically means it is a repeatable AE2 spell at 0 nora cost AND is HP the enemy has to kill (especially if they don't want the second heal incoming).

If we pretend that you can only one click out of it, it should be costed at least 30 nora, the reuse potential suggests at least 35 or 40.

Opinions welcome.

(Side Note: A number of runes from that expansion seems to been pretty messed up in one way or another. This one was actually set to LARGE and had a number of other issues.)

Tweek516 and themacca like this.
  10. Sokolov

It pretty much doesn't do what it says. It claims to be an PBAE5 heal at 12 HP at a cost of 5 nora (plus 20 for the relic).

But what it does is an AE2 Heal at RNG 8 at 12 HP for 0 nora.

I am not sure this was well known since the descriptions were so wrong (there were more problems before) and it was also set to Large since release so I am not even sure how playable it was.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This relic confused me a lot when I first saw it. Pretty sure the in-game tooltip when you mouse over it just said "Morin's Corner" and had no description. I put it in my Leoss bg a few days ago to test it and it seems really really good at 20 nora. Plus 10 at least I think.

Osidan likes this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Should also be remembered that the relic is a 2x2 and can only be deployed in font/shrine zones unless you position 4 units in a square.

13. Sokolov

This was changed awhile back, thus why the rune has become an issue now, I think, and was largely overlooked or simply considered broken before (along with the fact that the descriptions and effects were all screwed up).

14. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

thanks @Sokolov For checking here! I love the fast and personal polite work you are doing now. You the man!

Makorov likes this.
  15. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

While we're at it: Could you look at Ferren Hideout? It seems too strong at 30 nora for basically 7 AP not lost on movement. Plus, it's recurring... I'd love to see this go to 40, where it's still good. I'm interested in your thoughts, though.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

It was nerfed with the +1 cooldown to relcate relic. That stilldoesnt excuse its current price tho, as its primary use is for a spot surprise relocate ally. Agreed that it should be at 40 nora

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I feel like 40 nora is over nerfing it.

Anima26 and Tweek516 like this.
  18. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Remove motivate, mobility and sigil are the flovourful abilitiea for the theme. Maybe +5 Nora as well.

Cydna likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves trying to nerf ferren hideout. I'd rather see it only work on ferren before we nerf it into the ground, 40 nora for it would be absurd.

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

If Ferren Hideout does need a nerf, I'd approach it in 2 steps:
    1) Rename it to "Everyone- in-Savage-Tundra Hideout" so no one will ever again be tempted to link things just because they're named similarily. Relying on names alone is shallow.
    2) Up it to 35 nora.