Grimlic's bane

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by IronStylus, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I don't think it's an issue at all. Mindstorm has a better damage output than this.

Similar spells

UD: Mindstorm 35 Nora
    Target champion takes 10 psychic damage loses all AP and becomes Shocked 5.

Total Damage over time 25

SP: Boulder Throw 40 Nora
    16 physical damage, causes distraction and Awestruck for 2 turns.

IS: Hammer Strike 45 Nora
    Target champion takes 10 physical damage, loses all AP and if damaged becomes Stunned 2. (Stunned = +2 DMG to all champions attacking stunned champion because of the -2 DEF it causes)

KF: Grimlics Bane 35 Nora
    Target champion and other champions of the same name take 15 magical damage.

FS: Lost Echoes 20 Nora
    Target champion takes 8 sonic damage. If targeteted again by this spell the damage is increase by 2.

ST: Has no single target damage spells that I know of. I assume its probably because of Snow Blind being Auto include in their BGs. It could be argued that Summon Polar Ant or Call of the Tundra can cause damage but I didn't include those because they don't target a champion .

SL: Verdict of Derifos
    Target Champion takes 8 Physical damage and becomes blinded 2. Spaces within 5 spaces of target champion are turned in to Sand. If target champion is occupying sand already it is blinded 4 instead.

FW: Chain Lightning 40 Nora
    Target champion takes 15 Electrical Damage. Has an AoE effect if within 2 spaces of friendly champions.

I think it's pretty balanced since all it does is deal 15 damage. Max output is 30 split between two different champions. For the Nora cost I think it's balanced.

AKHolic, IronStylus and SireofSuns like this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

The biggest threats from it I can think of are for Summon spam (skeletons for example), which is fine, and against Grimlic's Mirror (currently being abused on SotM), which is also fine.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Grimlics mirror shouldn't work on spirit of the mountain. if it does please report it

4. SireofSuns

I keep forgetting he's a hero. No, it wouldn't work on him. I think I'm thinking of something else... Hmm...

5. Cinder405

Even then I think it would be more efficient to use Naturalize (20 Nora) for the same amount of damage, hits relics, changes terrain, and a very low spell cooldown.

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Yes, yes, I know. You forgot FW singe target spell from this category: soulbane, which is 40 nora and deals 15 LoL + global curse if it kills a champion. And FS has psychic blast.
    I just wanna say this spell was designed to counter espcially multiple copies of champions, which is why it was initially so expensive, but it's as effective as any other non-KF offensive spell. KF isn't an aggresive faction that hast tools to kill single target enemies easily. I still think 40 nora would be the best spot for this spell.

7. SireofSuns

It's their ONLY single target kill spell. Would YOU play it at 40 nora? I would just switch it out for Nature's Wrath at that cost.

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  8. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

9. SireofSuns

How about we split it with UD and call it a day?

I can sorta understand 40 nora, but certainly anymore than that would be too much I think.

10. Cinder405

It's gonna stay at 35 nora. End of thread.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Sorry, I have to agree with Iron, and I'm a KF player. Similar spells like Soulbane and Hammer Strike are more nora. However, these other spells have better conditions. This spell should be 40-45 nora: "Target champion takes 15 magic damage, and enemy units within 5 spaces of the target are Illuminated for 4 turns." This is a better condition for high defense champs since Illumintated would reduce their defense to 0.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't see any point in changing the spell. It does what it does well and is at an appropriate price. It is pretty efficient if, and only if, the opponent has two of the same real champs out. If you are using it to do 15 damage to a single champ the price is perfect. No need to change this spell.