Groble Strike Force

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

This spell looks pretty OP in the current environment. Could probably do with summoning champs at less health, as it stands its a little silly.

Also, DMC with a cheap option to train farshot hurts really bad... Big range and Big damage is easily available. This interaction probably makes DMC pretty OP in the current environment.

Yeah, I just got hit hard by them. But hit hard in a way that I couldn't avoid - I guess that's what we're trying to reduce in the game?

2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

well darkmarsh warsong, timber wolves( a champ but similar to the spells and costs less nora), call to war all fall into this category as well and Gedden has already stated he is looking into stuff like this but priority I believe Is still on champs. He said yesterday he was considering making summons have some form of bound like ability that causes them to die when their summoner does. not sure what he is going to do with the spells though.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I love how to targeted IS though...

ISisOP YOu summon a groble, a pile driver and a rock eater all for 90 nora one a 6 speed melee other two are 5, two of them unequippable and one has a built in vuln to the games most common source of alternative damage. Deserves its own thread.

Meanwhile Tinberwolves, and call to war spawn Way better summons for cheaper and the Dark Marsh Rite summons stealth units.

But yeah tanky units need nerf more than something with block 2 and surge enemy, and 84 nora mirror targets. How else will you attack the boost units with helpless(easy target and defensless combined)

God people priorities are screwed up.

4. Atherhog

Dude, you need to chill your ass down a little.

Here's a fact: I haven't come across those other things, if I had, I would have mentioned them.

Why would I have an anti-IS agenda? Do people really do that? Why would I have an anti-anything agenda? I just like to play a game that I enjoy.

Is the spell over the top - I certainly think so. That's it... end of comment...

Try not to take everything as some kind of personal agenda.

5. Anotherblackman

You asked for a nerf to the mortar Crew... I think that is going personal agenda on your part cause everyone in IS knows the crew was *****.

With that said, you titled the thread Groble Strike force, not "mass summon effects" So obviously you just want to nerf IS and keep the rest the same.

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Obviously you knew exactly what you wanted good job.

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

All sommon ability/spells are op atm

8. Atherhog

I didn't ask for a nerf to the DMC... But when it is so easy to train farshot on him, he hits pretty hard at a very long range. I think over time, it'll become apparent that he is crazy meta. We'll see. You'll hopefully notice that my issue is with this relic/champ interaction, not with the champ.

Again, I reitterate, I hadn't seen how powerful the other mass summons spells/abilities are. If they are as people say, then of course they need looking at.

So you shouldn't really have an issue...

My advice, stop being a victim.

Edit: With the new reduced range of everything, you could even drop blade on DMC without too much worry of ever having him engaged. I could be wrong, but he is my tip for greatness.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

DMC is a mess in almost every way. Design failure posterboy.

10. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

You are aware Drak footman are 5 speed right.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Wow, dude, chill. Like seriously. He has already said that had he come across the other mass summons he would have mentioned them as well. This is far better than him just talking about all the mass summons in general without knowing what he's talking about. At least this way, he has some experience with/against one of them. More than that, he may not even have thought of the others at the time. They weren't very popular cards pre-revamp and he didn't encounter them post-revamp.

Also, in the first and second replies I quoted you are contradicting yourself. In the first one you say you believe the tankiness of the IS summons is the reason he's targeting IS specifically. In the second reply, you're claiming that he obviously has an anti-IS agenda because he is focusing on DMC (who's role is not tankiness). So ANY mention of an IS rune without the mention of any other possibly problematic rune from a different faction means that the person has an anti-IS agenda? YOU are just upset because you're alarmed your sweet little IS has been targeted for extinction!

A couple of reminders:
    1) DOG make the nerfs/buffs, not the players. And they now have a cost formula and all that to help them. Players can only suggest.
    2) Most people cannot/will not talk about a very generic/broad subject when they mention balance problems. Most of the time they will only talk about the things they encountered or saw somewhere. It's unreasonable to expect everyone to always think about the greater scheme of things. They were just playing, when suddenly something seemed off so they mentioned it.

TL;DR: simma down nao.

12. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

HAHAHAHAHAH Call to war summons better units then Groble Strike Force HAHAHAHAHA

3x 5 spd units 42 hp each
    VS
    rockeater unit - most common dmg type 6 spd 58 hp resilent
    and 2x 50 hp units 4 def each

add easy Boosts on top of that from cheep dwarfs.

as SL player i would pay 10 more nora to get units like u do.

god ur starting to get Silly defending IS while it does not need that.

13. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Poor, poor IS. They always get the shaft. Constantly victims of a playerbase and devs that are biased against them.

Sheds single tear.

stayflyazn and SPiEkY like this.
  14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Call is dumb. Strike Force is dumber.

At the end of the day, both are still dumb.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

IS Book of Zealotry states that I must follow these steps to respond to a nerf call to one of our runes:

1) Attack the opposing posters:

Man yallz a bunch of bichez

2) Deflect the argument by offering a replacement nerf target:

, the draksar one is way worse

3) Offer irrefutable evidence to your point:

which is obvious cuz dey all look the same, you can't tell which is which an its cheaper

4) Sandwich your deflection with another insult applying to only those who are not on your side (by now, nearly everyone should have moved over to your way of seeing things):

which even the nubiest fooz can see

5) Close with a mature salutation:

lololioolo el oh ell oh em gee im outee bichez

Put it together:

Man yallz a bunch of biches, the draksar one is way worse which I s obvious cuz dey all look the same, you cant tell which is which and its cheaper which even the nubiest fooz can see. loloioolo el oh ell oh em gee im outee bichez

I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going with. How'd I do?

stayflyazn, davre, Sepulcher and 3 others like this.
  16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

(cool, it's back)

Close, not enough superfluous use of ****.

Sirius likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My baby hit the touch pad and deleted half of that masterpiece, I couldn't let that stand. I retyped it and sold the baby.

Atherhog and Sirius like this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Justifies spell by saying it summons only 1 6 speeder. Neglects to mention other spell he's complaining about summons 3 5 speeders.

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Perfection.
    *tips hat*

20. Anotherblackman

OH since he called it out on the strike force its time to make him realize what other summons crap is way more effective than this. My new favorite is the Voil kings crypt, the cheapest mass summon unit ever, on spot deployment, and best of all, the swarms have evasive 1, are boostable through regal presence now and their boost unit doesn't have easy target(voil imperator is just lolz man)