Grunewald's Logic 102

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gust Gord, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

If you want to skip to the juice of my thread just scroll down to the paragraphs labeled "logic" the rest of the thread I suggest you read because it really is good stuff to think about and I believe the thoughts would help our community in a big way. Feel free to pm me in game to let me know how I can improve my threads, any help is appreciated.

I wanted to start of with the battle between me and AX7soldier, since it was a really Good Game and after it I realized that a lot of people just aren't that bad.

Soldier had me on the ropes and I was down to 1 moga recruiter and 2 voil transporters. I was desperate so I sent out my best; Dirge, Moga Lord answered. His handsome moga like features and muscular body sent a wave of fear into Soldier, then I use my transporters in a way that awed the crowd. Dirge was on the battlefield as soon as he was deployed to it thanks to my voil transporters relocate ally ability. My three units were buffed thanks to Dirge's ability and we begin the onslaught. Eventually Soldier was overwhelmed by the sheer savagery of my units. I won the game and Soldier responded with "gg". This term "gg" inspired a friendship never before seen in the land of Poxnora.

The power of gg
    gg is respectful unless the game was truly terrible. It is a term that let's your opponent know that you admire his skills and would gladly face him another day. It is a term that I myself did not use until A7XSoldier used it on me. Now I see the power of the term gg. It in fact makes me angry when a bad player gives his heart out to an LL player, but the LL player doesn't respond at all. For example a player was just giving his heart out saying how he enjoyed the game he played with the LL player, yet he did not respond at all. I consider this act disrespectful. If a player says gg to you, you should respond with the same. That is my personal opinion, but is it not a good personal opinion?

The power of gg continued
    I feel like we the people should not just say gg after a game. Instead we should respond with Good Game to truly show the utmost respect to our opponent. Once again this is my personal opinion, yet is it a wrong one?

Pox LOGIC 102
    "Mark of Redemption"(IS common spell) is a spell that costs 35 nora and has great buffs, but also gives you back 35 nora if the champion dies... This was a terrible idea. Just today I had a Bluefist in my face with the spell on, so what do I do? Let the Bluefist sit their and deal a ton of damage while I avoid him getting 35 nora back or should I use a spell like "peaks tactics"(SP common spell) to destroy the rune? I chose to destroy the rune. I use nora as well as ap to get rid of it, which will of course set me back on top of him getting the 35 nora that he shouldn't have received because that's way too much. These types of runes that are dumb are known as "cheese" runes, since they're unfair. Keep in mind in the future to get rid of as much cheese as possible and consider not only the nora spent, but the nora globes that may be picked up, since collecting those globes play a huge part into the game as well.

LOGIC 102: Life
    Their is we who try to help and their is we who denounce, yet the we who denounce denounce because they have been rejected themselves. As a person you try to help, but when you are denied to help you feel as though people don't need help and your mindset changes to think the person who needs help is weak for needing it. This paradox preludes the fact that society is but a domino crashing down upon the next instead of building up to be as strong as a castle. In order to achieve a well balanced community that will enhance the minds of everyone around it; we the Poxnora community must evolve to build that castle.

Recap
    For LOGIC 101 we talked about balance and a revolutionizing idea, which I will bring back up. I heard from AX7soldier, who keep in mind disliked me for a while; that having four champions that automatically pop up in your rune deck at the start of the game is a good idea. He also stated that it made it less likely for BGS that rely on relics like FS for example to get the relic, that the BG needs. To counter this let's set it so that a relic can be automatically placed in the 10th slot of your rune deck as well as you getting an automatic four champs at the start of the game to choose from.

I know what you guys are thinking; first turn AA or solitary garu. Solitary garu just needs to be changed, since the rune is only used to troll anyway, and let's at least make it so exotics/legs/le runes can't be revealed first turn. In fact we could go as far as to making a BG have a certain amount of common/uncommon/rare/exotic champions that have to be in your rune deck to counter meta. It would be hard work, but if devs really put some effort and thought into it, it could lead to a much better gaming experience for the future of Poxnora.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

GG only means "good game". It doesn't mean the player admired your skills or thinks you played well. Just as in chess, you shake hands at the end of the game regardless of how the game went. You thank the opponent for the game. That's why WP (well played) exists. It means you acknowledge the skill your opponent displayed.

Though often incorrectly used, I believe these are to proper uses of the terms GG and WP.

Just as a note though. Don't make a thread where you expect people to take advice on logic from someone who's getting off on Dirge. That whole passage had me skipping the rest of your post. Hence why I only wrote about the GG part.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Saying GG in lobby after you win is disrespectful and makes you look like an ass. One must learn to wield the power of GG with great care!

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

3/10

Smarter, not harder

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Grundlewald , The Unforgiven.

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The dramatic flare was fun. Plenty of opinion, which is fine. I guess there was logic too.

Is Logic 103 incoming this semester?

Karmavore likes this.
  7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I hear grunewald's logic 103 will be about balancing champions and the wrongly defining term "shoebox"

9. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

If you think "gg" is anything but a thoughtless remark that has lost most of its meaning and is often used as a custom for the end of the match...
    You haven't played enough League.

Mid feeds 8 kills in under 4min, top dives for all his kills then gets ganked going 3-7-1, jungler babysits the camps forgetting his role and how to manage the flow of the game, Support d/c afk'd entire match, you get 4 manned by fed mid, jungler who camped the whole match but the one gank he did for top and the blitz Lucian bot. They group and storm mid either ending the game or...

Your team "ff" and we all know what comes after "ff"

GG!

***** no it wasnt and you know it.

10. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

then play dota... or poxnora :p

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Like Burn said, it doesn't matter if it was a good game or the worst one in the history of mankind. It is a handshake, an acknowledgement that you and your opponent just took time from your limited lifespan and chose to spend it together. It doesn't matter if you had fun, it is still polite to say "gg".

Losing is very rarely going to be fun. That isn't going to change. The desire to win and succeed is part of our natures but no one is perfect and someone will always be better than you. However, losing is not a waste of time. Instead of venting about how terrible the match was, take a moment and reflect on where you went wrong and what you can learn from the experience.

Losing also presents you with a choice. You can be a good sport and shake your opponents hand (or say gg) or claim some meaningless satisfaction by ruining your opponents happiness. If you wish to use your example of League of Legends, losses are not always your fault. When this happens though it isn't your opponents fault. If you wish to be pissed at anyone, let it be your teammate and don't take it out on the opposing team. That said, it is never good to take your anger out on anyone. It is practically the grown up equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum because it isn't his/her birthday and someone else got a cake.

In pursuit of success, failure is not an option, it is a prerequisite.

TL;DR Stop being a ***** and say "gg". It is polite

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    IMAGIRL, learnedone and BurnPyro like this.
  12. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Logic 597

If you surrender, F*ck your "gg". It's a pseudo rage-quit.
    Some of the funnest moments on this game are avoided and not experienced simply because people get intimidated, have no balls, and b**ch out with a lack luster "gg".
    And I'm serious.

19madfox95 likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This was an improvement from the first one. As other folks mentioned, there are still some things you might want to address about your writing, tone, or content, but this is better at least.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

well some bgs you have no choice but to rage-quit like i was playing vs nokando bg without any kind of ap removal it almost impossible to beat

15. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

I see what you mean. Maybe Good Game should be saved for the decent games and nothing should be exchanged at all for the bad games.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I disagree. When the game is over and both players know it, what fun is left? The execution of the shrinekill? You know exactly what's going to happen, I don't see why surrendering makes you a little ***** or should be viewed as an act of anti-fun.

For me, the fun is finding and executing my win conditions, once that's accomplished any monkey can click the mouse a couple of times to make the shrine explode.

learnedone and badbwai like this.
  17. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Burnpyro actually explained why he disagreed with me.
    I'm so confused all of the sudden.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have had to deal with too much nonsense for people to remember me for the shining light that I really am.

Dagda likes this.