Guide me to Kanen

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Kristian Skjold, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

So im thinking about a Kanen bg.. But honestly i've never used em in a theme..
    - What are the Con/pros for these?? What combo should i be aware off? autoincludes??

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

rage band on kiergana.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

2x Pack Savagery

Everything else is just filler.

RedScarlet and OriginalG1 like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

agree, pack savagery is awesome.

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Haven't played Kanen after the revamp, so I might not be fully accurate.

Kanen Scavenger is possibly a 2x Include. Soul Collection + Dead Eater is run a lot in SP meta.
    Kanen Slipped is amazing for his cost. Definitely an auto include.
    Rupture Alpha have stunning, one of the strongest abilities in the game in my opinion. I recommend running him with Escalation.
    Bloodhowler Alpha is the tankiest of all the Alphas. I recommend running Lifedrinker and Tough 3 on him.
    With all of these 3 Alphas, I recommend running Tempest Crown and Ferocity of Kain Taris.

You need Kanen Witches for idol of Kain Taris. (Formerly classified as Crones.)
    Kiergana and Spark Crones is the ones I see as the strongest, but you need more because of Magical Damage.

Magical Damage is kind of a hard choice apart from Kiergana. Kanen Cultist is highly a support unit and doesn't deal much damage. Ritual Crone doesn't do much against players realizing it doesn't do anything as long as you just wait and one round it. Ritual Cultist generally does even less damage than Kanen Cultist. Kanen Crone have low damage, so not much magical damage, but is useful in having Boost: Kanen 3 and Grant: Electricity Aura.

6. Omnissions

Omnissions New Member

Garin is also worth looking into. Personally I prefer him over Kiergana, but thats just my playstyle (yes, I know you can run both, I choose to remain a white knight). With Kanen Alpha + Garin, you can have an AoE 4 Scythe Whirl (I also run shadowspawned on him, so not everyone expects that massive aoe to come).

I really like kanen lashers as well, just for drive, as well as relocation of 1x1 targets, getting in better position to destroy them with your alphas.

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Well, I like to play with the Kanen, they are very good. This is my actual BG, it's missing some runes (like Rapture Alpha) cause I can't get them for now, so... Some of the spells can be swicthed, like everyone says, 2x Pack Savagery is auto-include, kanen scavenger lose his OP combo (soul collection + dead eater/forage) and this makes him not THAT usefull, but you still can have an use for him....
    This is what I'm using: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/cttcymcybcyWcyQcyTcyYci=ciZciGcynci_ciYciLci0cuLs6Ls1ks7Usjs6_s63s6Ys59s5wr2fr2WrOe1Ke1O
    Use this like a base, 2x some runes that you like (for meta, of course) and add an extra Pack Savagery, this was just to show you the runes that's is good in a Kanen bg :D

Now, some tips for use them: The main thing in Kanen Theme, is that they combo evverytime with Pack Leader/Pack Mentality (PL/PM) and this is what make them awesome for me. The Alphas have PL and the others (exclude the Crones) have PM.
    "How it's work?"
    Simple, when an champ with PL attack, all of the champs with PM in mellee range of the atacked unit doe an FREE basic attack against it (remeber, this only trigger for the first Atack of the PL champ per turn) so, if you have an Kanen Alpha (PL) and 2x other Kanens with PM engaged in the same champ, when the Alpha attack, the other 2x kanen with PM will attack too for free. And have more! The Alphas (with PL) have Unleash, wich can make your others kanen, spend their AP for giving AP + DMG for the Alpha for tht turn, so you can ALWAYS do 2x attack with the alpha, and with the combo, the PM will attack too... And all units that have PM can use 2 times the unleash on the PL champs, making ALL ap that you could not use, usable for making that last hit you need to kill a 1hp champ.
    Do you see how this is great?
    There are matches that I haven't lose a single unit, cause all of their champs are dying in one or two rounds...

Now, explaining some of the runes, and how to use them:
    *Bloodhowlers Alpha are the heavy tank, and the great beater of the bg, run tough 3, and Life Drinker, equip him with rage band, and ALWAY support him with other Kanen (especially someone that can HEAL) to ensure that he will stay alive. Using Havoc's Touch and Zeleatory on him is AMAZING.
    *Kanen Alpha & Kanen Crone: the both have Boost Kanen, and the Alpha also have Improve Range, making him an amazing tnk & supp champ, while the Crone can combo with Kanen Howler (destroy the summoned mongrels to do extra damage).
    *Howler: great unit, with call to arms, and swarm: mongrel, combo him with Kanen Crone. (He is also an alt dmg type, since Kanen lack in alt DMG types).
    *Animus: with berserker 2 he have 8 spd, 12 dmg, rend and kill frenzy, make him a good and fast grunt/beater option.
    *Kanen Cultist: Magic dmg type, can Heal, and can buff your champs making use of the dying ones you have, a must have.
    *Lasher: ranged champ, can relocate and have drive, must have too.
    *Pillager: great champ, with siege, and fire dmg type, I like to run x2 of him, but that is you who decide.
    *Scavenger: like I said, they lost they amazing combo, but are still good champ, I run them for collect nora globes from affar.
    *Slipped: amazing beater with low cost, must have too. (buff him with havoc touch & zeleatory too).
    *Tracker: 8 spd, detection, and ranged atk, make him a good option, must have too.
    *Whirlwind: 1-2 range, multiattack, hostile, if he is not focused by your enemy, he can easy have 20+ dmg, a good champ too.
    *Ritual Cultist: Magic or Disease Bomb/ along with Charged Heal, the "babysitter" support of any Kanen BG.
    *Spark Crone: ranged beater, with alt DMG type, and Surge:Kanen, she is amazing.
    *Timberjaw: great beater too, can tank and do a LOT of dmg. (boost with Havoc's Touch & Zeleatory too).
    *Rapture Alpha: amazing champ, stun is a great abillity, and Escalation + Havoc's Touch + Zeleatory + Rage Band makes him an MONSTER.

The others are not that usefull, and can be discarted (specially the Ritual Crone).
    For the Heroes, you have Kiergana, or Garin. The first is a great ranged option, with life siphon, and PL frm afar, wich make her trigger the PM attack from a long range, but have only 5 spd, and rage band is better used in others champ. While Garin combo his Stealth + Improve Range from Alpha to make a Scythe Wilrh in a great AOE, and have 7 spd, but it's another Physical Beater, while Kiergana have Magical Attack. Personally I prefer Kiergana, but it's you who choose ;)

Hope I helped, I have some Kanen for trade if you interested. Needing anything else, send me a message.

8. Smough

Smough New Member

I'm interested in this BG but actually I have a small budget... Do you think is it expensive this type of BG? Are there exotic cards that aren't so necessary? Thanks!

9. Ifem21

Well, it's necessary to have the Alphas, the Lessers and the Crones to make it awesome. Sure, you do not need all of them, take me has examples, I didn't have Rapture Alpha, but my bg is still good, and have only achieved Kiergana a week ago. Let's say that the exotics are "luxury" for your bg, since them make it really powerfull, but you can run without them, try mixing up others SP or SL champ to fullfil their roles until you get them. If need some Kanen, I have for trade, just tell me and I see how I can help ;)

10. Smough

Smough New Member

I saw I can take by poxbox all kanens except for Crone, Kiergana and Bloodhowler, if you have one of these... :) what do you need? I don't have so much to offer lafdkzhvsò

11. Ifem21

Well, you put me in a hard position, these 3 are the hardest to find, and I only have one of each (that I use), but I guess I can get the crone, and there's a Bloodhowler in the Rune Trader HERE, take a look, maybe he accept an fair offer... And about the Spark Crone, what runes do you intend to trade?

12. Smough

Smough New Member

13. Ifem21

Nice bg :D I only suggest 5 things.... Search for an Bloodhowler, he is the best Kanen arround. You need a heal champ, try putting Ritual Cultist, she is amazing for the job. Run a Warabanner, with them + the Idol of Kain Taris, all of your champs will have +10HP and +2DMG wich is amazing. Remove one of the Animus or one of the Trackers and run Zeleatory in it's place, since it's a spell, all your alphas can enjoy the Bounty Hunter Abbility from it. And try Peaks Tactics, this BG is all about engage opponents champ, and this spell give you flanking, wich helps a lot in a power turn, or run Havoc's Touch, for amplify DMG nad nora gen ;) ... Hope I helped ^^

This is my bg:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/cttcymcybcy...Lci0cuLs1ks7Us6_S63s6Ys5wr2fr2WrOe1Ke26e1Oe2h

How can you see, I dont only two equal kanen, cause I like the variety XD I also have Avalanche and Crescendo for Area Damage (while Avalanche do some knockback action too) and Mangled Totem to counter AP gen units and Nokhan'do (I have lost to them without it, but now I have win 3 games against full Nokhan'do BG :D ). My winrates with it is high, but it took me time to know how this theme REALLY works... And I have some Kanen for trade, if you interested ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  14. Smough

Smough New Member

Ritual cultist, the warbanner and bloodhowler were already on my wishlist! ;) actually I can't have them but I want them xD
    about my spells I've many doubts D: thanks for the advices! I surely try them ;)

I usually put x2 champions because I like targeted BG to try to go straight to the goal, but this BG is new for me and could be a good idea to try different kanens mmmmm