Guilds Actual Role Within The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKHolic, Mar 2, 2014.

?

Should Guilds Have Direct Roles With The Game

Poll closed Mar 9, 2014.
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Yeah and this is the problem i am having at the moment as i have no clue as to how this will be approached

2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Maybe for the possibility of Daily achievements it gives random ones each day and gives them based on the amount of active guild members. That way big guilds get bigger challenges for slightly larger rewards and small guilds get smaller challenges for slightly smaller rewards.

That ways you can be in either and enjoy the system casually or competitively.

Maybe in that sense you can also get open ended achievements. Like win X games, with X being any amount and the guild is given a bronze, silver or gold for it and rewarded accordingly. Then big hard weekly challenges for the "raiders" among us, lol

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

For you, first one on the house KTC

AKHolic likes this.
  4. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Guilds are important for many reasons: Friends, Team mates, tutors, rivalry etc.. I do wish that guilds received a sort of reward for being in the top 10, or maybe for a different reason (one i can't think of atm) it could be something small and simple (reward) but worth it over a long period. just food for thought

5. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Another obvious, good idea, that would only be practical with a player base in the thousands.

Thumbs up, but there are other priorities here.

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

What are you talking about? I don't agree with either of your statements for either of the ideas here.

7. Prami

This is a poll about whether guilds should be included in more game functions. Yes, they should be integrated in more functions to give them greater importance, but it's only practical when you have a player base of such quantity that guilds are significant in the first place.

Did i miss something?

AKHolic likes this.
  8. KTCAOP

Did you read what the original poster wrote, or what anyone wrote?

9. Prami

I did. You have a problem with guild tournaments? It's something that's only viable with a larger player base.

10. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

You seem to be saying guilds are insignificant. but the thing is your dead wrong. I doubt pox would have made it half as far as it has without guilds, they literally are the binding material, socialization and a friendly environment are very important aspects to a multiplayer game.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It doesnt matter how many players this game has, guilds should always be classified as significant and both the playerbase and the greens should be looking for ways which they can be improved. Because lets be honest here, if this game did not have guilds around half of the current player base would have left a long time ago and in my opinion guilds are the only reason why this game has lasted as long as it has.

12. Prami

Not insignificant, but there are systems that can be put in place to lend them further legitimacy. If they have a purpose beyond social interaction, then they become something more.

13. only

only Active Member

guild wars system.

player invites his 2 guildies (party) and goes to guild wars Q.

party vs party, 3x BO1 matches. so the result ends in 2-1 or 3-0.

also, map draft should/could be included.

AKHolic likes this.
  14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Just letting all of you know, I noted some of the ideas posted here. Great brainstorming!

AKHolic likes this.
  15. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

We all know guilds have played a big role with the playerbase of poxnora, but other than socializing factors what do guilds have within the game...

16. KTCAOP

I have posted here encouraging guild tournaments, saying that I can help plan them.

And a round robin tournament can be successful with 8 people to give a decent amount of play. And I don't even need 8 people.

AKHolic likes this.
  17. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Speaking of. Will the guilds have to be re-made or are they gonna remain intact with the transfer?

18. Aleswick

Aleswick Member

The only resistance I have to guilds is this:
    - hard to join higher ranked guilds (casual players like myself will never meet their expectations)
    - fairness (it would be making "some" players feel that they have no way to make bonus gold unless apart of a guild. Making them feel they HAVE to join one)

If I understand Fikule's concept on guilds and bonuses, then your contributions to the guild will add up. This be regardless if your a casual player, or the every day dedicated. This would hopefully make some guilds lower their entry levels, because then no matter your play level you would contribute to the guild overall. This would also give bonus gold to the casual and higher bonuses to the more dedicated players.

19. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

For the record, I know a few guilds (such as my own) have pretty lax standards for entry. In our case, it's pretty much just "Are you a cool person? Yes? Ok, welcome!"

20. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

1) Various prizes to guilds: Most numbers, highest average rank, highest absolute rank, most new members joined, best recruiters, best performance in 1v1, best performance in 2v2.

2) Normalized scoring to account for guild numbers: guild with 300 members scores 3000 "points" is the same as a guild with 30 members that scores 300 "points" (300 member guild would get other prizes for large membership and recruiting to make up for the normalization).

3) Guild prizes could be: shards, gold, custom skins, contribution to rune art, special badge in game, guilds could compete for a chance to design a rune or a map... and so on.