Has the ranking system changed since revamp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Hi guys, just curious. Has the ranking system changed since revamp or is it the same ranking system with the ratings now transparent?

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ratings now transparent and some weird tier system and league reshuffling.

3. Pipster

But are the loss and gain in ratings calculated in the same manner as they were pre-revamp?

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

did i not answer that with this?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Pipster

No that doesn't answer my question

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is calculated exactly the same, tho there was a bug which wouldn't have affected many people that was also fixed at some point.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It does answer your question in a way. You asked if anything had changed, and if so what? He said yeah, it's now transparent. Since he didn't say anything else, that would mean that nothing else has changed. Meaning your second question inferring if your gain/loss were calculated in the same way was an unnecessary question. He just used less words.

The rank system has become transparent so you can see your XP gain/loss after each match. This happened due to players complaining that they didn't understand how they could play 20 games, win 19, lose 1, and still go down in rank.

With the transparency in place though we see that the system favors the underdog in the match (xp wise) So if someone of lower rank beats you, (Keep in mind, I am just throwing the numbers out as an example, they are not set in stone.) Then the lower rank would gain 28xp, and you would lose 28 xp, however if you were to win against that lower rank, then you gain 1 xp, and they lose 1xp. Meaning you would have to play several games just to get back from that loss. However chances are your going to get draw-****ed on one of those games, and the downhill XP spiral sets in.

That is also why there is still a debate going on about how you get matched, and when the game should decide to do it's XP roulette

8. Pipster

Thank you Sok.

@IMAGIRL

"ratings now transparent" does not answer my question about whether the way rating change is calculated, that's what I was referring to obviously.