hawk attack and ride down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Monyx, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

hawk attack like 20 damage + eviscerated at 6 range with a cooldown of 2

ride down - 3 space relocation + 20 damage and goes through things like bubble with a cooldown of 2
    not to mention its on a champ thats pretty freakin hard to kill.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Everyone already knows.

Ps Balance is for the weak.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think that's the point.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Hawk attack will be changed to pigeon attack soon. #OnlyFearDaSeahawks

Rude Clown is OP, bugged, or both.

XFurionsX likes this.
  5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hawk Attack should be some type of hybrid between Arrowshot and Flamestrike. Right now it is clearly better than either.

I am somewhat okay with Ride Down, in theory, but the CD should be increased and it should only trigger if the champion makes contact with the opposing unit (if a font is in the way, or a rock trap is in the way,for example, it should fail). It should work like Charge 2 but with a different effect. Ride Down's price should also be increased.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

When you charge a rock trap, doesn't the unit take damage then the rock trap goes off?

7. Xirone

Really? I thought it was the other way around. Either way, if Ride Down is prevented by something being in the way, if should fail.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm not sure, I haven't had that interaction happen in a long time. I'll try to test it out later.

9. Xirone

I know it is off topic but one I'd like to add is Trail: Hallowed Ground. It costs 9 nora but is, effectively, Regeneration 4 and Purified together. I guess everyone has their own set of WTF, though

10. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I completely agree with this. I've told many IS players during games that the IS angel is the scariest champ for me to face in IS. The combination of trail: hallowed with range and tactical manual or tales of valor is extremely difficult to take down. The angel itself has great stats and a great ability set, coupled with manual or tales reminds of the problems we had in KF with treefolk's blessing and how we could slap it onto basically anything and make it into a tank, very problematic on certain champs like prevamp enforcer. I see the same problem with IS angel and tales and manual as well for that matter.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  11. Monyx

anyway that its good is the point.
    but the point is the point is too good. lil boy.

12. Monyx

yea i think that sounds fair xirone for hawk attack.

ride down cd should definetly be increased. im fine with a cd of 3. im not gonna ask for a ton al the ap for it should prolly be increased.....i mean lets be serious.....relocation 3.....doesnt even count as damage so it goes through bubble.....and it goes through units as xirone mentioned so you cant even block it. i think since it moves 3 spaces and is basically a decapitating blow which costs 3 ap....it should cost 4 ap.

holy #$%^ i just looked and ride down is 7 nora while decapitating blow is 12 nora. only difference being 25% hp vs 20 hp which for average champ hp is prolly about the same thing.

13. Monyx

no its a great point. i agree but i dont think its as bad as the two i mentioned. regardless though its probably undercosted and it prolly isnt noticed as cause its a defensive ability vs an offensive ability like the two i named. defensive abilities are generally more subtle in their strengths cause theyre only seen as such when u try to kill the unit.

14. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

The average champ probably has around 50 hp, so around 12.5 hp is when you can use decapitating blow. Compare that to the 20 hp of ride down where 25% of the hp would be on an 80 hp champ on average

Saandro and Monyx like this.
  15. Monyx

well that helps my point like tons more.....lol i didnt wanna do the math but yea......that is just insane......insanely insane.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Actually Dblow is 3ap.
    When comparing Dblow to Ride down, think of for Dblow to do 20 damage, the champ has to have 80hp.

Also, @chris0024, I agree Angel is scary. But when playing vs. IS/x or FF IS, I think I worry about Dwarven King, Talgar, or Fist of Bastion more.

17. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

They are dangerous yes, but it is the angel imo that is the worst of the bunch (this is assuming ofc that she has intensified). The trail gives her amazing survivabilty and if you don't one round her then it is not difficult for her to regenerate to full health. Also, idk if this is a bug but when you relocate her or move her in any way the trail heals her again. don't know if that's WAI. This hasn't even taken into account the spell that gives bravery or tactical manual, she than becomes an offensive monster as well. It's a lot to handle.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah they should fix that problem with knockback + Trail. At least with the programmers we have someone to blame for new bugs and old bugs not getting fixed.

xezno likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Some of this ground was covered in the Ride Down thread a few weeks ago, might be worth checking that one out as well.