Heart of Oblivion (FW Witch)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Skybloom, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

Artwork: Humanlike Angel with a green spear. Purple mists appear out of her chest. (Where the heart's at)
    The black wings are torn, disabling flight.
    She wanders through the wastes, dragging the spear on the ground.

Flavor text: I see it all, yet remember nothing.
    I'm falling even though I've already reached the bottom.

Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Heart of Oblivion

Rarity: Rare or Exotic
    Nora cost: 80-ish, not good at this.
    Races: Human, Angel
    Classes: Paladin, Witch
    Size: Small

Stats
    Attack: 11
    Speed: 7
    Range: 1-2
    Def: 1
    HP: 48

Abilities
    *Black Heart: This unit is Inhibited. Whenever an enemy unit within 5 spaces is healed, that champion becomes Cursed for 2 turns and spaces within 2 spaces of the targeted champion becomes Poison Cloud for 3 turns.
    Immunity: Poison
    Attack: Spear

Upgrade line 1:
    Transfer Life (1) (Starting)
    Paralytic Feedback
    Absorb

Upgrade line 2:
    Repulsion (Starting)
    Slam
    Elsari Covern

The whole concept of this thing is to push around people in a poison cloud, while also being "kinda" flavorful for the Wastes with the whole "Is always Inhibited" thing.

I'd love to see thoughts on this! First time making a rune, so let me know if this is too much, (or too little, for that matter!) and finding an appropriate nora cost.

EDIT: Attack lowered to 11 from 13.
    Range from 1 - 3 to 1 - 2.
    Immunity: Poison to base instead of Dark Healing.
    Transfer Life (rank 1) to upgrade line 1 as Starting to promote self-synergy.
    Poison Cloud 3 turns instead of 2 and Curses instead of Inhibition.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    19madfox95 and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Like it :) small reply rn will type up a longer one layer

3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

1. that's a really depressing artwork idea and text :(
    2. why class paladin?
    3. remember poison cloud will appear on your turn as well, might lead to engaging problems with your other champs. Making it last 1 turn, won't make sense with repulsion, as the opponents would be pushed in your turn, when the cloud is over.
    4. 66 nora in base stats - 89 nora with cheapest upgrade (immunity and slam) 98 with absorb and repulsion assuming black heart is ~10 nora. remember you pay 8 nora for each point of speed above 6, and 2 for every point of damage.
    5. I love the concept of punishing opponent's healing in combat, not a passive way like skull of decay for example. Love the self-inhibited drawback. Not really a fan of making opponents inhibited as a punishment, but creating cloud is a good idea.
    6. dark healing + black heart makes the opponent NOT play healing at all. This is too harsh of a counter I think. Would remove dark healing to lower nora cost.
    7. this is a really heavy hitter. 13 dmg, 3 range with slam. Her basic attacks hurt already.
    8. Would not play, too expensive.

Skybloom likes this.
  4. Skybloom

I see. Thanks a lot for the reply IronStylus; I guess Dark Healing could go away to lower the cost.
    As for the class Paladin, I kinda imagined a reverse version of Angel of Protection and Angel of Mercy, y'know, fallen angel stuff.
    Reducing the speed to 6 seems like a good option, too.

5. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

This seems like it would be super OP vs regeneration, might want to find a way to rephrase it so it only works on active abilities/spells or something. I think your stats are way to good for something I would envision as a support/cc rune. The idea is pretty cool though, also maybe you could try adding a heal onto the unit, that way you have a way of triggering the poison cloud yourself.

6. Skybloom

@IronStylus Changed a few things according to some of the points you made.